IPS235V-BN good for games?

Tags:
  • Flat Panel Monitors
  • Games
  • Monitors
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 11, 2012 7:27:35 PM

hi!im planning to buy an LG IPS235V-BN but i dont know what is the gtg response time of the monitor because various sites claim different specs(8ms,5ms,14ms).so my question is what is the gtg response time of the monitor?does this monitor have noticeable ghosting?Is this monitor any good for high intensity fps games?sorry for my grammar mistakes

More about : ips235v good games

a c 84 C Monitor
June 11, 2012 9:27:15 PM

gtg response time is an oversimplification - if you consider 9 shades of gray (0% aka black, 12.5%, 25%, 37.5%, 50%, 62.5%, 75%, 87.5%, 100% aka white), and ignore the transitions to the same shade of gray, that's still 72 transitions to measure, and they can all be different - see the monitor reviews at X-Bit Labs where they actually measure all 72. The monitor manufacturers generally don't specify how many shades of gray they measured for, or whether the number given is the minimum, median, arithmetic mean, geometric mean, or something else (and that's before you get into the question of whether the measurements took RTC overshoot into account). TFT Central uses a more subjective test, by photographing a moving image on the screen several times, and showing the best-case and worst-case photos. Unfortunately, I can't find a review of the same caliber as those sites for the LG IPS235V-BN.

If there's a local store you can get to that has this model, you might be able to ask someone there to run a demo game, so you can see for yourself how noticeable the ghosting is.
June 12, 2012 8:58:58 PM

MauveCloud said:
gtg response time is an oversimplification - if you consider 9 shades of gray (0% aka black, 12.5%, 25%, 37.5%, 50%, 62.5%, 75%, 87.5%, 100% aka white), and ignore the transitions to the same shade of gray, that's still 72 transitions to measure, and they can all be different - see the monitor reviews at X-Bit Labs where they actually measure all 72. The monitor manufacturers generally don't specify how many shades of gray they measured for, or whether the number given is the minimum, median, arithmetic mean, geometric mean, or something else (and that's before you get into the question of whether the measurements took RTC overshoot into account). TFT Central uses a more subjective test, by photographing a moving image on the screen several times, and showing the best-case and worst-case photos. Unfortunately, I can't find a review of the same caliber as those sites for the LG IPS235V-BN.

If there's a local store you can get to that has this model, you might be able to ask someone there to run a demo game, so you can see for yourself how noticeable the ghosting is.

thx for the reply.i found out that it is not really good for gaming.i think i buy a Dell U2312HM instead ,based on a review from TFT Central.