[V 305] Mage weapon choice

Last response: in Video Games
a b α HP
April 28, 2005 2:40:15 PM

If I have understood correctly how to play mages, weapon should be
selected by stat pluses, resists etc. and I should forget damage.

At clvl 28 / dlvl 34 I have two options:
- Blessed Main Gauche with ESP (204 HP / 71 SP)
- Glaive of Westernesse (+2) which frees one ring slot (FA),
either INT (+3) (218 HP / 113 SP)
or CON (+2) (239 HP / 71 SP).

ESP is very handy, but 50% more mana is also nice.
I want them both, but must select only one. Which?

More about : 305 mage weapon choice

April 28, 2005 2:40:16 PM

Juho Schultz wrote:
> If I have understood correctly how to play mages, weapon should be
> selected by stat pluses, resists etc. and I should forget damage.
>
> At clvl 28 / dlvl 34 I have two options:
> - Blessed Main Gauche with ESP (204 HP / 71 SP)
> - Glaive of Westernesse (+2) which frees one ring slot (FA),
> either INT (+3) (218 HP / 113 SP)
> or CON (+2) (239 HP / 71 SP).
>
> ESP is very handy, but 50% more mana is also nice.
> I want them both, but must select only one. Which?

Hmmm. Since you are in the stat gain region, your INT and CON will be
rising quite rapidly. So I'd go with the ESP - but I guess it's a
matter of play style. If you tend to kill almost everything you come
across (and tele_away the rest), then you'll probably want the
Westernesse and the INT ring. If you tend to tiptoe around looking for
loot and fighting only when you have to, go with the ESP.

CC
April 28, 2005 3:11:47 PM

Juho Schultz wrote:
> If I have understood correctly how to play mages, weapon should be
> selected by stat pluses, resists etc. and I should forget damage.
>
> At clvl 28 / dlvl 34 I have two options:
> - Blessed Main Gauche with ESP (204 HP / 71 SP)
> - Glaive of Westernesse (+2) which frees one ring slot (FA),
> either INT (+3) (218 HP / 113 SP)
> or CON (+2) (239 HP / 71 SP).
>
> ESP is very handy, but 50% more mana is also nice.
> I want them both, but must select only one. Which?

Westernesse and =INT. You should get a few more HP from the +2 CON, and
more STR is always nice. Make sure to Detect Monsters and Invisible
regularly as a substitute for ESP. And the damage will be more if you
do need to hit something, especially with the slays Westernesse gives
you and at that dlvl (lots of trolls, orcs and ogres). Also, it's nice
to have the flexibility in your ring slot for if you find, say, a Ring
of Speed.

Nick.
!