duron overclocking

G

I have my 700 duron overclocked to 852 mhz I can't seem to get it any higher my voltage is all the way up(without modifying board) my multiplier is at 8.5 and my frequency is at 105. how do I get it up to 950 stabily when I try to go any higher my computer will not boot. my temp is stable around 120-125 F. Anyone get any higher?

G

Have you tried 100 x 9.5? You will want to bench several different combinations of multiplier and bus, since (as the other comment mentioned) the highest mHz isn't always the highest performing. Over 110 is probably too ambitious, but by all means try it! (and at a sensible multiplier as suggested)

Tom Mc

Even a fool, when he remains silent, appears wise.

G

Hey...

By the way, 8.5 x 105 doesn't equal 852. You should be in the 890's. You might want to double check your settings.

Tom Mc

Even a fool, when he remains silent, appears wise.

G

What board to you have?
My Duron 700, A7V with dipswitches went up to 950 rock solid.
Windows loads at 978 but unstable. It used to be with my previous A7V which the voltage went up to 1.86, says the bios monitor. The current one only shows 1.83
Try using the dipswitches to set the bus at 100, 103, and 105 and multiplier from 7 to 10
High bus usually isn't very stable but give it a shot anyway if you can get past your problem now.

G

i modified a ga-7zx-1 board to allow multiplier adjustment
(not for the faint of heart. you have to remove 9 pins from the socket) and voltage adjustment took my duron 600 to 7.5*115=863 and 1.75v. rock stable have run seti@home and prime95 concurently. just keep temps under 51c