Gothmog in lesser vault on level 63

It's just not fair. This is the first vault I have come across and he is just way too hard for me to deal with.

Thought I would try and get around the other side, but Gabriel the Messenger is in the way and he has already nearly
killed me three times.

Going to have to try and lure them out of the way, with out getting killed.
It is going to be hard enough with two great hell worms, a great worm of chaos, a great storm worm and a nightwalker.

Boo hoo.

Simon

Simon O'Malley <simono@genaware.com> wrote:
[tale of woe involving finding Gothmog and Gabriel in what is "the first
vault he's come across"... on DL63.]
>Going to have to try and lure them out of the way, with out getting killed.
>It is going to be hard enough with two great hell worms, a great worm of chaos,
>a great storm worm and a nightwalker.

Or you could just teleport them away.

You do have a source of teleport other, right?
My roguelike games page (including my BSD-licenced roguelike) can be found at:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~mpread/roguelikes.html
Everyone expected the Bavarian Inquisition.

Antoine

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2003

Simon O'Malley wrote:
> It's just not fair. This is the first vault I have come across and he
is just way too hard for me to deal with.

> Thought I would try and get around the other side, but Gabriel the
Messenger is in the way and he has already nearly
> killed me three times.
>
> Going to have to try and lure them out of the way, with out getting
killed.
> It is going to be hard enough with two great hell worms, a great worm
of chaos, a great storm worm and a nightwalker.

> Boo hoo.
>
> Simon

Did they kill you yet?
A.

I have been luring them out one at a time. Gothmog was actually easier to kill than I thought, guess you shouldn't
believe everything you read in the monster spoilers. Or I was just lucky that he didn't summon anything.

The one I am having real trouble with is the great wyrm of chaos, I haven't got any potions of healing left and he is
trashing me good. One chaos breath takes off about 500 hp which isn't good. Must find something to give resistance.
Teleported out of the last fight and nearly landed on a dracolich, with Azriel the angel of death in the next room.
Talk about a juicy level, cant complain about it being boring. I got rid of the dracolich in the end and he dropped the
plate armour of isildur which is a shame because I could have done with that 10 levels ago.

Simon