Mac OS 10.4 Incompatibilities

Which versions and releases run under Tiger? So far, V 3.0.5 has crashed
at launch for me.

--
Harry Erwin <http://www.theworld.com/~herwin>
My neuroscience wikiwiki is at

Harry Erwin wrote:
> Which versions and releases run under Tiger? So far, V 3.0.5 has crashed
> at launch for me.

The latest Steamband works fine, except for an odd font-size glitch at
startup. Re-selecting the font size from the menu clears up the problem.

ToME 2.3.1 (I think that's the latest) has the same problem. Ditto
Vanilla 3.0.5, and NPP 0.4.0.

sherm--

Sherm Pendley wrote:
> Harry Erwin wrote:
> > Which versions and releases run under Tiger? So far, V 3.0.5 has
crashed
> > at launch for me.
>
> The latest Steamband works fine, except for an odd font-size glitch
at
> startup. Re-selecting the font size from the menu clears up the
problem.

> ToME 2.3.1 (I think that's the latest) has the same problem. Ditto
> Vanilla 3.0.5, and NPP 0.4.0.

This message is ambiguous. When you say "has the same problem", do you
mean the font glitch or crashing?

I saw (with Hugo) incompatible NPP binaries between OS X 10.3.6 and
10.3.8, and solved it (off newsgroup) by recompiling on the local
system. Neither compile worked on the other's machine.

I am running my own builds of both V and NPP, compiled on 10.3.8,
currently running 10.3.9. The posted builds were made with earlier
point releases.

Harry writes:
>Which versions and releases run under Tiger? So far, V 3.0.5 has
crashed
>at launch for me.

I recommend recompiling; a similar problem happened for NPP between 2
different versions of 10.3.x. I have no idea why that is... By the
way, compiling is really easy.

$ make -f Makefile.osx

and you are ready to go.

Also, destroy your Angband preferences; when failures occur on OS X
they very often corrupt the preferences file.

pete mack wrote:

> Sherm Pendley wrote:
>
>>Harry Erwin wrote:
>>
>>>Which versions and releases run under Tiger? So far, V 3.0.5 has
>>>crashed at launch for me.
>>
>>The latest Steamband works fine, except for an odd font-size glitch
>>at startup. Re-selecting the font size from the menu clears up the
>>problem.
>>
>>ToME 2.3.1 (I think that's the latest) has the same problem. Ditto
>>Vanilla 3.0.5, and NPP 0.4.0.
>
> This message is ambiguous. When you say "has the same problem", do you
> mean the font glitch or crashing?

Sorry - I meant the font glitch. All of the variants I mentioned run
fine for me, no crashes.

Like you pointed out earlier, the crashes might be related to corrupted
prefs. I hadn't played V for quite a while, so had no prefs at all.

sherm--