Sign in with
Your question

Will CATLEAP DVI-D Monitor work OK with Firepro 4900 Card?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 13, 2012 9:24:49 PM

Hi

i am planing to buy CATLEAP DVI-D Monitor
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-YAMAKASI-CATLEAP-Q270-SE-27...

But does this screen connect to AMD Firepro 4900 card with no problem?
Input SignalDVI-D Dual Link

a c 78 C Monitor
June 13, 2012 9:48:14 PM

Personally, I'd advise against buying the monitor at all - The Yamakasi company doesn't have its own website, so even if you pay for the warranty, how do you know somebody will be there to honor the warranty?

However, to answer your question, I'm not sure it's possible to tell ahead of time whether the card will work with that monitor. I know from personal experience that my ATI HD 5770 supports 2560x1600, but the compatibility table says it wouldn't work with the Catleap. To add to the confusion, the AMD HD 6770, which is reputed to just be a rebadged 5770, is listed as supported. I think maybe each video card has a fixed set of resolutions it can output, and now that I think of it, when I had a 2560x1600 monitor, the next lower resolution I could set was 2048x1536, not 2560x1440. Unfortunately, video card manufacturers don't put up complete lists of supported resolutions.

Also, the shape of the DVI output of the video card won't tell you whether it's dual-link - to reduce the chance of damaged cables, the female DVI connectors will always have all the holes, regardless of how many are actually used by the device.
m
l
!