[S] Sangband beta 15d

Hello Sangband fans!

I have released a new version in time for the competition, since there
was a crash bug fixed.

The only gameplay change is that (in my version) all stores maintain
the same level of credit. Most of the changes in 15d are bugfixes to
both versions.

The source, windows binaries, and changelist are at
http://www.drilsej.com/yostage/sangband

I have traditionally managed to botch the packaging of new releases but
I hope I have the kinks worked out of my build system this time! Mail
me if you notice something awry.

Please let me know if there are any comments, questions, or problems
at sangband-at-drilsej-dot-com.

Enjoy!

Scott Yost
8 answers Last reply
More about sangband beta
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    Scott Yost wrote:
    > Hello Sangband fans!
    >
    > I have released a new version in time for the competition, since
    there
    > was a crash bug fixed.
    >

    > Please let me know if there are any comments, questions, or problems
    > at sangband-at-drilsej-dot-com.
    >

    > Enjoy!
    >
    > Scott Yost

    I'm not sure whether it's just my computer, the Windows Binary, or a
    bug in the program, but it takes *FOREVER* whenever I try to refresh
    the screen, and it doesn't clear the screen properly after doing other
    stuff. Does anyone else have this happening?

    Alex
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    Which version are you running? Does the problem also happen when you
    use 'L' to look around?
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    Scott Yost wrote:
    > Which version are you running? Does the problem also happen when you
    > use 'L' to look around?

    I assume that is the 'W' key on the rogue-like map, and that works
    fine. When it goes slow is doing the resizing for the 'M' command, and
    doing the '^R' command (more specifically, it doesn't respond for ~5
    seconds). Also, after going to the skill-gain screen or the character
    info screen and leaving, the screen doesn't update.

    Alex
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    I cannot reproduce this locally on sang-win-beta15d or
    sang-win-beta15d-bugfix. Is anyone else having the same problems? Is it
    new in 15d? Does it repro on the beta 13 at
    http://home.sprintmail.com/~leon2m/sang/?
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    "Scott Yost" <trashcan67@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > The only gameplay change is that (in my version) all stores maintain
    > the same level of credit. Most of the changes in 15d are bugfixes to
    > both versions.
    >
    > The source, windows binaries, and changelist are at
    > http://www.drilsej.com/yostage/sangband

    The links are all beta15c, not beta15d.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    I have found some lingering problems from Leon's transition to the 25 /
    50 line world. This might be related to that. I've never seen this
    issue myself though. If you have some way to hit it consistently I'd be
    interested in seeing it.
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    On 1 May 2005 13:04:27 -0700, "Scott Yost" <trashcan67@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >I cannot reproduce this locally on sang-win-beta15d or
    >sang-win-beta15d-bugfix. Is anyone else having the same problems? Is it
    >new in 15d? Does it repro on the beta 13 at
    >http://home.sprintmail.com/~leon2m/sang/?

    I haven't downloaded 15d yet, but I sometimes had the problem that
    the screen didn't update after viewing the info screens or using
    the inventory or equipment command. If this ever happenen it would
    continue for the whole session, and if you managed to start the
    game without it happening, then it would never occur.
    Refreshing the screen with ^R doesn't take any time
    This is on a pentium 4 with windows XP.

    --
    Wim Benthem
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    On 2 May 2005 00:05:36 -0700, "Scott Yost" <trashcan67@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >I have found some lingering problems from Leon's transition to the 25 /
    >50 line world. This might be related to that. I've never seen this
    >issue myself though. If you have some way to hit it consistently I'd be
    >interested in seeing it.

    I Always get it if I try to open an existing savefile and do not use
    File - Open right after starting the program, but press a key once or
    twice to get to the next screens.

    I had already deleted the 50 line section (see below) from sangband.ini
    because the startup with another window size is irritating, and it
    causes the title bar of the window to be off-screen, but this didnt't
    affect the problem.

    Font_50=8X8B.FON
    TileWid_50=8
    TileHgt_50=8