G

If Tom included a few videos for How-to guide it would be much better. Especially when installing a cpu.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I have to agree with both points.

I did however think that some of the pictures didn't cover the task very well. For someone who never put a system together before I think even a set of smaller pictures (clipped to only show what actually needs to be shown) detailing the process step by step would have been much better than one large picture that shows a lot more than what you actually need to see.

And of course a video file would have been even better.

Except possibly for the bandwidth challenged readers. (Such as myself.)

But installing a socket chip is pretty easy.

I don't think the importance of static protection was stressed enough though throughout the article... People new to putting a system together worry so much about making a mistake that they often forget to ground themselves well (especially if they don't have the proper tools) and often end up frying something going back and forth so much between the hardware and the instructions. Especially since it's winter here in America and static electricity is highly commonplace.

- Sanity is purely based on point-of-view.

G

While you're at it Tom. We want artist renderings for all the how-to articles please..

It's so humid where I live even static electricity had to move.

***Hey I run Intel... but let's get real***

G

what grounding? i use static electricity to test boot my system before i worry about plugging in my power supply!

G

I agree with cord, Artist renderings are a must. Also, please add Lenard Nemoy as the commentator.

I think nintendo wants to make an interactive game of it too. It should have good ol'mario setting the HSF over and over again-What fun?!

Next swimsuit issue will have elle macpherson inserting the processor on to the socket. OHHH!! can't wait!!! (sexual imagery)