Sign in with
Your question

HP Laptop really slow.

Last response: in Windows 7
January 5, 2013 6:04:43 AM

Hey guys, my laptop I currently running my HP DV7-3162NR has been really slow lately. It hasn't been running as fast as I first got it. I reformatted it many times with various Windows OS and 64bit and 32 bit versions. They all end up the same. Very slow and sluggish. I first thought it may be my CPU Overheating so I tore it open and cleaned out the fans and etc since they've been really loud but the problem still persists. It runs at 45-50C idle. It isn't the RAM since I'd probably get blue screens and etc. This has been happening for months. I really don't understand why. I have a custom desktop PC and I'll probably give it a try by lending it my SSD to see if its a HDD issue. I also heard it may be a power supply issue to cause the CPU to underclock itself due to its low power but I can monitor it (If i can get it to open up without waiting 10 minutes) and seems to run fine able to reach 2.3ghz and load is only 30-45%.
My current Specs are listed as.
AMD Turion II Dual core 2.3ghz M520
A normal 500GB Laptop SSD at 7200 RPM.
4GB DDR2 Ram.

Any help please ?

More about : laptop slow

January 5, 2013 6:14:51 AM

itz trevor said:
Hey guys, my laptop I currently running my HP DV7-3162NR has been really slow lately. It hasn't been running as fast as I first got it. I reformatted it many times with various Windows OS and 64bit and 32 bit versions. They all end up the same. Very slow and sluggish. I first thought it may be my CPU Overheating so I tore it open and cleaned out the fans and etc since they've been really loud but the problem still persists. It runs at 45-50C idle. It isn't the RAM since I'd probably get blue screens and etc. This has been happening for months. I really don't understand why. I have a custom desktop PC and I'll probably give it a try by lending it my SSD to see if its a HDD issue. I also heard it may be a power supply issue to cause the CPU to underclock itself due to its low power but I can monitor it (If i can get it to open up without waiting 10 minutes) and seems to run fine able to reach 2.3ghz and load is only 30-45%.
My current Specs are listed as.
AMD Turion II Dual core 2.3ghz M520
A normal 500GB Laptop SSD at 7200 RPM.
4GB DDR2 Ram.

Any help please ?

Maybe its the 4GB of DDR2? Lol, just kidding.

Hmm, my guess is the hard drive. Try the SSD.
m
l
January 5, 2013 6:17:55 AM

Yeah, not sure if it'll fit idk. I wanna see if its forsure the hard drive so I kinda want to plug it in to this computer and see if I can scan it for errors or etc. Any program that'll help me do that ?
m
l
Related resources
January 5, 2013 6:57:17 AM

austing said:
Maybe its the 4GB of DDR2? Lol, just kidding.

Hmm, my guess is the hard drive. Try the SSD.

BTW, if it isn't the HDD then what could be another possibility ?
m
l
January 5, 2013 6:35:06 PM

Maybe the processor is slowing down, or its just being thermaly throttled.
m
l
!