Help with E151FPb install

Can anyone please help me ?

I just had to reinstall XP Home on my Dell Dimension 2400 (I used the
Dell reinstallation CD that shipped with the computer).

The reinstall went smooth as silk but for one small thing - I can only
persuade the montior (adapter ?) to run at 640x480 in 16 bit color.

Now, this is pretty dumb as out of the box, the monitor was running at
1024x768 in True Color.

I have tried using the "E151FPb Color Monitor Quick Setup" CD that
shipped with the computer and also downloaded R51561.EXE from the Dell
site. But neither has an executable which actually does the
install...and the properties window for the display has no button to
update the video driver !!!

Is there anyone who knows how to get out of this low-res hell ?

Thanks in advance

Nick

Hello,

It sounds that since you installed XP home on your computer (especially
if you did it with the Dell CD)

you need to install the Dell drivers for your machine.

The best way to do this (to ensure you get the current versions) is to go to
Dell Support and enter your STN and download plus install all the drivers on
the page that comes up under downloads.

Once you do this, your LOW RES problem should be corrected.

Be sure to do the audio, Chipset, NIC, Video ones.

--
JLA ENTERPRISES TECHNOLOGIES INTEGRATION
Technical Support Team

Check out some of the items we are offering
Dell Laptop Docking Stations starting at $5.00
Dell 20" Sony Trinitron Flat Screen Monitors starting at $35.00
Dell 21" Flat Screen Monitors starting at $40.00
Dell Latitude and Inspiron CD Rom and Floppy Drives starting at $5.00

Be sure to visit http://www.jlaenterprises.com

"Nick Fisher" <fisherofsouls@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone please help me ?
>
> I just had to reinstall XP Home on my Dell Dimension 2400 (I used the
> Dell reinstallation CD that shipped with the computer).
>
> The reinstall went smooth as silk but for one small thing - I can only
> persuade the montior (adapter ?) to run at 640x480 in 16 bit color.
>
> Now, this is pretty dumb as out of the box, the monitor was running at
> 1024x768 in True Color.
>
> I have tried using the "E151FPb Color Monitor Quick Setup" CD that
> shipped with the computer and also downloaded R51561.EXE from the Dell
> site. But neither has an executable which actually does the
> install...and the properties window for the display has no button to
> update the video driver !!!
>
> Is there anyone who knows how to get out of this low-res hell ?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Nick

The perfect answer ! All working fine now - thanks for your help.