Lou

My internet connection stops functioning after about 1-2
minutes after startup on both of my PC towers running XP
pro and home. However the laptop that i brought home from
work plugs in fine and keeps the internet connection.
I just reformatted the tower and did a clean install
twice now and the same problem keeps occuring. Where is
the bug and what is happening? Is there some bug that is
engrained in the hard drive that even reformatting and
reinstalling cannot fix? The DSL connection is fine and
all works just great on this laptop. Help. Thanks. Lou

joker

Well lets look at the name of the newsgroup. It starts with "microsoft"
so that must mean we only talk about Microsoft products. Next it says
"public" so that means any person can post here. Then it says
"broadbandnet" so since this is a Microsoft newsgroup it must be talking
about the Microsoft Broadband Networking. Last but not least it says
"hardware" So that must mean it is the Microsoft hardware for networking
that we talk about.

Thus this is not a general networking newsgroup, but one for the
Microsoft Broadband networking hardware. I'd suggest either posting in
a newsgroup for the hardware you are running, a general networking
newsgroup, or one for whatever version of Windows you are running.

lou wrote:

> My internet connection stops functioning after about 1-2
> minutes after startup on both of my PC towers running XP
> pro and home. However the laptop that i brought home from
> work plugs in fine and keeps the internet connection.
> I just reformatted the tower and did a clean install
> twice now and the same problem keeps occuring. Where is
> the bug and what is happening? Is there some bug that is
> engrained in the hard drive that even reformatting and
> reinstalling cannot fix? The DSL connection is fine and
> all works just great on this laptop. Help. Thanks. Lou

assistance.

time.

It would help A WHOLE LOT to have some clue what is between your two towers
and your internet connection?! A router? What kind? What setup? Details
man...!!