I don't have a list of changeable options in Sangband available right
at this moment, but as a general rule for any competition, you can
change any option which affect UI (e.g. keycode layout, macros,
display, auto-pickup etc), but not any cheat options or options which
affect dungeon generation or monster AI (e.g. Auto-scum, smart monsters
etc).

Is it a specific option you were thinking about?

Tony
http://www.angband-comp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

magnate

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Since S doesn't have auto-scum, and you can't change the birth options
for the comp char, I'm quite relaxed about people changing any of the
options menus except "Difficulty and Cheating". In particular, all the
Game Behaviour stuff (including auto-haggle) is fine by me.

CC

Jordan

Not that auto-haggle makes a game-breaking change in an ironman game.
That was actually one that I was most curious about. Would this be true
for other (non-ironman) competitions?

magnate

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It's up to the submitter of the savefile. I toggled auto-haggle in the
last comp, and Timo wasn't too bothered.

CC