Printer not working

Jane Meg

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
I am unable to use my printer. If I click on HP solution centre I get the message no files are found. If I run a diagnostics I am told nothing needs repairing. If I try and install the printer, I am told the files will harm my computer and the installation stops. Any ideas?

jamesmcuk

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Are you sure it says "It will Harm your computer" or that it may harm it. You probably downloaded the install from the internet and as long as you got it from the official website of the printer manufacturer (HP) it will be fine. Just press the Continue Anyway button and install the driver.

Jane Meg

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
I don't get the chance to continue it just closes down and I can't get any further. I have the original installation disc and a downloaded driver but I get the same message whatever

jamesmcuk

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
you would need to provide a screenshot and upload it so that we can see the error. The print screen button on the keyboard will do this then paste it in to Paint under accessories on the start menu. Then upload it to a photo site or something and link it here