Crusing core/warrenty...?

G

I was just wondering if I bought the tbird retail, and accidently crushed the core while placing the HS/fan on, would it be covered under warrenty?

G

Warranty is for product defect. If you crushed the core, there's physical damage which the processor is not covered in. Try it on some oranges before the bird.
Just make sure the clip on the heat sink is applying force directly on top of the core. Don't put too much force on it. 20 pounds max I'd say. If the clip allows, use a screwdriver to push it down on the side that says Socket 462 (on the socket).
Don't slip and don't crush your core :)

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
ACtually the warranty isn't for defects only. If you get a retail one that already has heatsink/fan installed and you put it in and it fries on you that should be covered by the warranty.

G

The classic Athlon retails came with the heat sink on... but you didn't have to worry about the core for those. I'm not sure about the TBirds...
nymetsny asked if it's covered if it's crushed. I'm thinking you can't rely on the retailer taking it back if it has physical damage.
I took mine back with my board to have my board checked (cause it's the second fried board I got) and forgot to erase the pencil marks on it. The guy says the warranty is void on it.
I doubt the heat sink is attached to the TBirds for retail packages... cause it has to be glued on.

I'd like a classic though :)