Jordan

I tried to load the bugfix of Sangband on my laptop running XP and it
runs fine except it won't show floor dots and the walls don't all match
width. Is there some option I need to change?

Note that I am playing the competition that runs with no problems on my
desktop.

Jordan

Bizarre Display only made the character leave imprints every so often
and hid walls. Where is the color options located?

Jordan wrote:
> I tried to load the bugfix of Sangband on my laptop running XP and it
> runs fine except it won't show floor dots and the walls don't all
match
> width. Is there some option I need to change?
>
> Note that I am playing the competition that runs with no problems on
my
> desktop.

This sounds a little bit like the font problems that people have on XP
sometimes. Have you tried rebooting since you installed?

"Jordan" <jordangf@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I tried to load the bugfix of Sangband on my laptop running XP and it
> runs fine except it won't show floor dots and the walls don't all match
> width. Is there some option I need to change?

Try selecting 'Bizarre Display' and also go into the color options, scroll
through until you come to the floor dots, ~40's iirc. and set the color to
the proper one.

I had to do this with a lot of the *bands a year or two ago, but not
recently at all. Hope this helps.

> Bizarre Display only made the character leave imprints every so often
> and hid walls. Where is the color options located?

'%' , Interact with Visuals, go to option #8 Change Feature attr/char

Use N and n to scroll up/down to Terrain 1 for example which is Open Floor.
There are likely other Floors to look at as well so check them all.

Then use C/c to set the char to its default (or custom) value. This changes
the Character used.

Then use A/a to set the chars color.

"William Klett" <cyclops@mn.rr.com> wrote in

> Use N and n to scroll up/down to Terrain 1 for example which is Open
> Floor. There are likely other Floors to look at as well so check them
> all.

While I haven't had the wall problem, I did have the invisible floor
problem. (Using the compiled Sangband under XP.)

For the floor, you only need to change "Terrain 1: open floor," which
for some reason is set to a blank space rather than a dot. I set it to
1/46, and lit floors (torch, room, spell, etc) all behaved properly
afterwards.