Windows crashes with black screen while browsing

Geekoid42

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
I have just built a brand-new rig from entirely new parts 2 days ago, and at random times when I'm browsing the web, my screen goes black, and nothing responds. After restarting my computer, this problem persists, although never on the same pages.
I run Windows 7 SP1, and have all the new updates. I use chrome as my browser, but it has never done this to me before on any of my previous computers.

My PC specs are as follows:

i5 3570K
Xigmatek Dark Knight Cooler
Asus PZ77-V LK MOBO
8GB Corsair Vengance DDR3/1600 RAM
MSI HD7770 Power Edition OC 1GB/GDDR5
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD
Seasonic S12II Bronze 620W PSU
Samsung DVD/CD Burner
NZXT Phantom 410 Mid-Tower Chassis

Although I do not believe it to be a memory issue, I have run memtest and gotten 3 passes in a row. I have not otherwise run any diagnostic or stress tests on my PC, as I am not familiar with how to do so.
Any suggestions are very welcome, and I just want to know if it's a software problem, or more likely a hardware issue.

Geekoid42

ahmed_2a2m

Reputable
Sep 23, 2014
I've this problem before & my experience that to do the following
go to INTERNET OPTIONS >>> CONNECTIONS >> remove dial up connections >>> restart
I hope this will help

hmrpantera

Reputable
Oct 26, 2014
I am having a similar problem. After building my new pc and installing my new OS (windows 7) I am finding now that my screen will randomly scramble while browsing with firefox. Half turns black the other half looks like digital scrambling of snow from a television set. When the problem occurs my dual display doesn't seem to be affected. It usually happens when there is some sort of video playing. If i press a random combination of CTR+ALT+DEL, ALT+F4, and CTRL+ SHIFT+ ESC I can get the scrambling to disappear somehow..it's very confusing.