Forcing a specific lib folder

Hello,

I am meddling ( as usual ;) with stuff I dont get.
I had this conversation with the console :

mymac:~ r00t$ angband -d=~/lib/
angband: Bad semantics in -d=~/lib/
mymac:~ r00t$ angband -d=./lib/
angband: Bad semantics in -d=./lib/
mymac:~ r00t$ angband -d~/lib/
angband: Try '-d<what>=<path>' not '-d~/lib/

After trying at least 10 variations, I gave up.
How do I tell angband that the lib folder is in the
current folder ?

Cheers,
T.

On Tue, 10 May 2005, konijn_ wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am meddling ( as usual ;) with stuff I dont get.
> I had this conversation with the console :
>
> mymac:~ r00t$ angband -d=~/lib/
> angband: Bad semantics in -d=~/lib/
> mymac:~ r00t$ angband -d=./lib/
> angband: Bad semantics in -d=./lib/
> mymac:~ r00t$ angband -d~/lib/
> angband: Try '-d<what>=<path>' not '-d~/lib/
>
> After trying at least 10 variations, I gave up.
> How do I tell angband that the lib folder is in the
> current folder ?
>
> Cheers,
> T.

It appears (from main.c) that the -d option establishes the locations of
each of the subdirectories of /lib individually. This means you'll need
to do something like

angband -duser=./lib/user/

to let it know the location of the /lib/user/ subdirectory. What you
need to do to set the location of the other subdirectories depends on
what options the game was compiled with. It appears that the default on
under Unix is to prevent you from setting any of them to other than the
default; this can be changed by commenting out the line
'#define FIXED_PATHS' in config.h . I'm assuming that OS X behaves as a
Unix machine fr this purpose, but I'm not positive.

Anyway, after recompilation (or before it, if your machine acts like a
Windows machine), you should be able to then do something like

angband -dapex=./lib/apex/ -dfile=./lib/file/ -dhelp=./lib/help/ \
-dinfo=./lib/info/ -dxtra=./lib/xtra/ -dbone=./lib/bone/ \
-ddata=./lib/data/ -dedit=./lib/edit/ -dsave=./lib/save/ \
-duser=./lib/user

(As a side note, this can be slightly abbreviated, since the only thing
before the '=' that main.c cares about is the first letter, so you could
do

angband -da=./lib/apex/ -df=./lib/file/ -dh=./lib/help/ \
-di=./lib/info/ -dx=./lib/xtra/ -db=./lib/bone/ \
-dd=./lib/data/ -de=./lib/edit/ -ds=./lib/save/ \
-du=./lib/user

)

Alex Wilkins

Alex Wilkins wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2005, konijn_ wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am meddling ( as usual ;) with stuff I dont get.
> > I had this conversation with the console :
> >
> > mymac:~ r00t$ angband -d=~/lib/
> > angband: Bad semantics in -d=~/lib/
> > mymac:~ r00t$ angband -d=./lib/
> > angband: Bad semantics in -d=./lib/
> > mymac:~ r00t$ angband -d~/lib/
> > angband: Try '-d<what>=<path>' not '-d~/lib/
> >
> > After trying at least 10 variations, I gave up.
> > How do I tell angband that the lib folder is in the
> > current folder ?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > T.
>
> It appears (from main.c) that the -d option establishes the locations
of
> each of the subdirectories of /lib individually. This means you'll
need
> to do something like
>
> angband -duser=./lib/user/
>
> to let it know the location of the /lib/user/ subdirectory. What you

> need to do to set the location of the other subdirectories depends on

> what options the game was compiled with. It appears that the default
on
> under Unix is to prevent you from setting any of them to other than
the
> default; this can be changed by commenting out the line
> '#define FIXED_PATHS' in config.h . I'm assuming that OS X behaves
as a
> Unix machine fr this purpose, but I'm not positive.
>
> Anyway, after recompilation (or before it, if your machine acts like
> Windows machine), you should be able to then do something like
>
> angband -dapex=./lib/apex/ -dfile=./lib/file/ -dhelp=./lib/help/ \
> -dinfo=./lib/info/ -dxtra=./lib/xtra/ -dbone=./lib/bone/ \
> -ddata=./lib/data/ -dedit=./lib/edit/ -dsave=./lib/save/ \
> -duser=./lib/user
>
> (As a side note, this can be slightly abbreviated, since the only
thing
> before the '=' that main.c cares about is the first letter, so you
could
> do
>
> angband -da=./lib/apex/ -df=./lib/file/ -dh=./lib/help/ \
> -di=./lib/info/ -dx=./lib/xtra/ -db=./lib/bone/ \
> -dd=./lib/data/ -de=./lib/edit/ -ds=./lib/save/ \
> -du=./lib/user
>
> )

Thanks !

T.