I just re installed windows 7

G

so i got my new win7 and installed everything along with a new hdd, so ive installed antivirus usb drivers and audio drivers. i clicked to install chipset drivers and it installed ati catalyst i thought this was for gpu drivers, maybe im wrong but i want to know have i installed the right thing and have i missed anything out (going to install the gpu drivers now).

correon

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
I think you downloaded a package - with Chipset and GPU drivers - AMD chipset drivers is allso named ATI catalyst - check on desktop if you have ATI control panel there!

pauls3743

Distinguished
Assuming it's an AMD system you have, I think you'll find it's AMD Catalyst drivers. They'll install if you've got an AMD chipset and/or an AMD APU, not just an AMD/ATi graphics card.

G

so i cant find the catalyst thing anywhere so i install this (i have amd cpu and gpu) and i i should be fine?

pauls3743

Distinguished
Sorry, I misspoke, I meant Catalyst Control Center. It's merely a hub for all the AMD devices installed on you computer. Right click anywhere on your desktop, the Control Center should be the top option on the popup menu.

You'll still need to install the graphic driver.

G

all i have is AMD VISION Engine Control Center

TRENDING THREADS