slacker

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

What's the rule on posting comp characters for comments? I haven't
played Sangband ever and thought I would give it a try with the new
comp. I have to say it is a cool variant. I finally managed to get
Oober below 500' after numerous deaths, actually I am at 750' and am
starting to have trouble. My karate druid is suffering from lack of ID
and reliable range attack. I know the druid isn't the optimal choice
but I got frustrated with many deaths of priests and necros to traps
and the druid has an early detection spell which is very useful.

slacker

magnate

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

There are no rules about posting comp characters - post any time and
get advice and comments, at the expense of showing everybody how you're
doing, or keep your cards close to your chest but forego the advice.

Glad you like S - it's a great variant. I agree that druids are great -
the first book especially has loads of useful stuff (food, light *and*
detection), and the resist-all spell in the 2nd book is great (you did
buy both books before descending, didn't you?), especially for a game
where you can't buy or forge armour. ID is in the 3rd book (Book of
Combat), so keep looking for it. Comes into depth at 1250' IIRC.

Good luck,

CC