Misterious problem with MS 5000 "Blue Track" mouse!

ratchet

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
I've built a desktop with an Asus P8Z77-M Pro mother board, a Core i5 3570K CPU and a SSD. I use an Asus VE 228h LED monitor. After a week or so with the dongle in any given port, the cursor becomes erratic and eventually it will actually freeze. Sometimes a change of ports rectifies it, other times only a reboot. Definitely not the batteries or drivers. Well I guess you can't always say definitely not the drivers. Any theories? Thank you!

ratchet

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
Yes it does and actually it is/was more like every couple days. Not sure why I said a week. On another forum someone suggested "Power Settings" could be the problem. Sure enough, I had Balanced Power set. In the advanced setting USB Selective Suspend (I believe that is what it said) was enabled. Since I disabled that so far so good. You would think though if the PC was active there wouldn't be any USB suspension going on.

Ah, good ole power savings. It also tends to mess up computers when the network adapter is set to shut off to save power. And in a several systems, it darkens the display even on desktops, but it sets the internal settings on the monitors to low so you can't brighten them without a factory reset.