Sign in with
Your question

Misterious problem with MS 5000 "Blue Track" mouse!

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 18, 2012 2:52:54 PM

I've built a desktop with an Asus P8Z77-M Pro mother board, a Core i5 3570K CPU and a SSD. I use an Asus VE 228h LED monitor. After a week or so with the dongle in any given port, the cursor becomes erratic and eventually it will actually freeze. Sometimes a change of ports rectifies it, other times only a reboot. Definitely not the batteries or drivers. Well I guess you can't always say definitely not the drivers. Any theories? Thank you!

More about : misterious problem 5000 blue track mouse

a b Ĉ ASUS
June 19, 2012 7:01:58 PM

Have you tried another mouse with the system? If it gives out weekly sounds like the mouse is using up batteries very fast. When you fix it with a reboot, does it work again for a week again?
m
l
June 19, 2012 11:57:52 PM

Yes it does and actually it is/was more like every couple days. Not sure why I said a week. On another forum someone suggested "Power Settings" could be the problem. Sure enough, I had Balanced Power set. In the advanced setting USB Selective Suspend (I believe that is what it said) was enabled. Since I disabled that so far so good. You would think though if the PC was active there wouldn't be any USB suspension going on.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
June 20, 2012 1:52:51 PM

Ah, good ole power savings. It also tends to mess up computers when the network adapter is set to shut off to save power. And in a several systems, it darkens the display even on desktops, but it sets the internal settings on the monitors to low so you can't brighten them without a factory reset.
m
l
!