Paladin question....

Greetings All:

I am thinking of starting a Paladin, the Duadan appears to get a
little better starting stats than the human, what I am wondering about
is should the wisdom or intelligence used most as far as spells go?

I have one "on hold" at the moment with:

STR:18/08
INT: 10
WIS: 15
DEX:17
CON:18/24
CHA: 18/12

I can't seem to get a roll over 13 on the INT. Which one is used for
spells of their type of char.
The "cheat sheet" on the Angband site showing the calculation of
spells if you put in the type/int/lvl of the char dosen't mention WIS,
so I am wondering if Wis is used much as far as spells go.

Thanks in Advance!

Paul C. Heisner

Paladins and priests use wis exclusively. Mages, rogues, and rangers use
int exclusively.

Paul & Victoria Heisner wrote:
> Greetings All:
>
> I am thinking of starting a Paladin, the Duadan appears to get a
> little better starting stats than the human,

Dunadan gets much better CON which can make all the difference in
playing.

> I can't seem to get a roll over 13 on the INT. Which one is used for
> spells of their type of char.

WIS for priests and paladins, INT for mages, rogues and rangers.

> The "cheat sheet" on the Angband site showing the calculation of
> spells if you put in the type/int/lvl of the char dosen't mention
WIS,
> so I am wondering if Wis is used much as far as spells go.

I believe calculation is same for WIS. Just replace INT with WIS and
you are done.

Timo Pietilä

"Paul & Victoria Heisner" <pheisner@shoreham.net> wrote in message

> Greetings All:
>
> I am thinking of starting a Paladin, the Duadan appears to get a
> little better starting stats than the human, what I am wondering about
> is should the wisdom or intelligence used most as far as spells go?
>
> I have one "on hold" at the moment with:
>
> STR:18/08
> INT: 10
> WIS: 15
> DEX:17
> CON:18/24
> CHA: 18/12
>
> I can't seem to get a roll over 13 on the INT. Which one is used for
> spells of their type of char.
> The "cheat sheet" on the Angband site showing the calculation of
> spells if you put in the type/int/lvl of the char dosen't mention WIS,
> so I am wondering if Wis is used much as far as spells go.

Don't worry about it. Eventually your stats will be maxxed, and you don't
need terrific stats to get there either.

--
Glen
L:pyt E+++ T-- R+ P+++ D+ G+ F:*band !RL RLA-