Is my wireless net being hacked?

I have the MS wireless base station (870 g). I currently
run an wireless card on my laptop. I use mac ID filtering
and only allow access to the two puters on my net. When I
refresh the ms broadband window, it shows a name different
from what I have named my computers. However it shows the
correct IP address. when I click on the device on my
network, I cannot access it. Is my network being
invaded? If so, other than using WEP or WPa security, how
do I prevent these other people from using my internet
connection and accessing my netowrk?
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless hacked

    Read the articles by Barb about securing your wireless network.

    Since I've never heard of a 870 I have no clue what hardware you are
    running. For the 802.11g hardware, Microsoft only had the following
    models MN-700, MN-710, MN-720, & MN-730.

    Koogs wrote:

    > I have the MS wireless base station (870 g). I currently
    > run an wireless card on my laptop. I use mac ID filtering
    > and only allow access to the two puters on my net. When I
    > refresh the ms broadband window, it shows a name different
    > from what I have named my computers. However it shows the
    > correct IP address. when I click on the device on my
    > network, I cannot access it. Is my network being
    > invaded? If so, other than using WEP or WPa security, how
    > do I prevent these other people from using my internet
    > connection and accessing my netowrk?

    assistance.

    time.

Routers Wireless Networking