Is my wireless net being hacked?

Last response: in Networking
a b F Wireless
October 18, 2004 4:26:50 AM

I have the MS wireless base station (870 g). I currently
run an wireless card on my laptop. I use mac ID filtering
and only allow access to the two puters on my net. When I
refresh the ms broadband window, it shows a name different
from what I have named my computers. However it shows the
correct IP address. when I click on the device on my
network, I cannot access it. Is my network being
invaded? If so, other than using WEP or WPa security, how
do I prevent these other people from using my internet
connection and accessing my netowrk?

More about : wireless net hacked

October 19, 2004 12:19:29 AM

Read the articles by Barb about securing your wireless network.

Since I've never heard of a 870 I have no clue what hardware you are
running. For the 802.11g hardware, Microsoft only had the following
models MN-700, MN-710, MN-720, & MN-730.

Koogs wrote:

> I have the MS wireless base station (870 g). I currently
> run an wireless card on my laptop. I use mac ID filtering
> and only allow access to the two puters on my net. When I
> refresh the ms broadband window, it shows a name different
> from what I have named my computers. However it shows the
> correct IP address. when I click on the device on my
> network, I cannot access it. Is my network being
> invaded? If so, other than using WEP or WPa security, how
> do I prevent these other people from using my internet
> connection and accessing my netowrk?

assistance.

time.
!