Sign in with
Your question

Decision between two laptops Macbook pro or Acer Timeline X

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
December 6, 2010 2:34:53 AM

Hey guys currently I own a Macbook Pro 13. It's the 2009 edition so I have the 9400m nvidia gpu chip and the duo core processor with 4 gigs of ddr 3. The battery life is great it gets to about 5 - 6 hours without a single charge. I have modded the inside a little bit so I took out the optical drive and have two hard drives so i can separate the two drives amongst windows and mac. I've been playing a few games on it, but its not having the juice to play the games at the settings i could hope. My friend currently bought an Acer Timeline x AS4820TG and it plays all his games flawlessly, and also has great battery life. It does what I want and need, but I'm unsure what to do. I was curious whether you guys think i should sell my macbook pro 13, to pay for an acer timeline x. I originally paid 1200 for a brand new macbook, and I know of someone whose willing to take it off my hands at a reasonable price where I can buy a new acer timeline x. What do you guys think between the two laptops. I have attached a link to the bottom of this post of both laptops.

Acer core i5 with 5650 gpu

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-TimelineX-AS4820TG-7805-14-I...

Macbook pro 13 (Same specs but with 2 gigs of extra ram and removal of an optical drive)

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-MB990LL-13-3-Inch-L...
a c 244 D Laptop
December 6, 2010 7:17:53 AM

Hello
Well,if you are going to play games,then go with the Acer one.It has a more powerful CPU and VGA,so it will give you much better performance in games.
m
l
a b D Laptop
December 6, 2010 7:25:00 AM

Acer Timeline is much better in my opinion, Macbook has only much older Core 2 Duo, on the other hand Acer timeline has much better i5 atleast 25-30% more powerful than in mac book pro, also the Acer timeline one has much much better GPU (nvidia 9400M vs ATI 5650, 5650 will wipe the floor with it). Seems a very easy decision mate just go with Acer.
m
l
Related resources
December 6, 2010 2:59:19 PM

raza715 said:
Acer Timeline is much better in my opinion, Macbook has only much older Core 2 Duo, on the other hand Acer timeline has much better i5 atleast 25-30% more powerful than in mac book pro, also the Acer timeline one has much much better GPU (nvidia 9400M vs ATI 5650, 5650 will wipe the floor with it). Seems a very easy decision mate just go with Acer.

Ik what you guys mean, but there's something about the macbook that people like. I was looking at a response why people like the macbook so much.

Do you guys possibly know of any laptop bettter then the acer? In terms of battery, graphics, and price?
m
l
a c 244 D Laptop
December 6, 2010 7:42:46 PM

The reasons some people like Macbook Pros are their unibody aluminum design,great battery life and display along with the legal use of Mac OS X.
An alternative to the Acer one would be HP Envy 14
m
l
!