Sign in with
Your question

WIM 2180 notebook pc very slow

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 7, 2010 1:24:15 PM

I have an medion 2180 notebook, and when i'm watching movies (on internet or from a dvd) or listening to music it gets stuck almost every 10 min. It acts like there are a lot of programs used at the same time.

I use VLC media player, but that cant be the problem.
Is it the type of notebook, are there more problems similar to mine with this type of notebook?

More about : wim 2180 notebook slow

a b D Laptop
December 7, 2010 4:41:50 PM

Most likely overheating. Make sure the thing is cleaned up with some air-in-a-can and that the vent ports are not obstructed during operation. A laptop really should not be on your lap/pillow/blanket or anything else that can impede proper ventilation.
If still not ok, you will need to oopen the case up and do a more thorough cleaning inside, prolly a hairball will fall out of it.
Oh, and it is possible you might have picked-up some malware from all that online movie watching... Run a good scan.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 7, 2010 7:30:51 PM

it gets hot very quick indeed. The ventilation system is underneath the laptop, I think that's a bad thing. My other laptop (a HP notebook) never runs hot (I neither have cleaned it) but the ventilation is on the back.
a b D Laptop
December 8, 2010 12:12:14 AM

Clean it up the best you can.
!