Podcasts for Palm ?

January 28, 2005 6:34:04 PM

Has anyone figured out a way to get podcasts to funcion on a Palm
automatically? With iPods, the podcasts apparently download into iTunes,
which automatically synchs with the iPod. Is there a way to get a podcast to
download directly into the palm's Quick Launch so that it will be added to
the next synch automatically?

More about : podcasts palm

Anonymous
January 31, 2005 3:06:07 PM

I asked a similar question last week and was told to try out Pocket
Tunes. http://www.pocket-tunes.com

Pocket Tunes is pretty great because it integrates well with Microsoft
Windows Media Player 10. All you do is run Pocket Tunes on your Palm,
then place your handheld into the cradle and voilá Windows can
syncronize playlists on your Palm handheld.

Most of the Windows based pod-catchers will catch your audio into
Windows Media Player playlists... after that, you're just a a click away
from synching that content into your SD card on your handheld.

Once your media is in your handheld, Pocket Tunes has turned out to be a
pretty cool media player as well. It has bookmarks which is a great
feature for listening to very large podcasts that often out-last your
commute. Another great feature is the 2x, 4x, 8x or 16x volume enhancer
feature that let's you adjust the volume of the source material.

All in all... it's a great little program and very much worth the price!

As a fellow podcatcher (or palmcatcher), I really hope this helps you out..

!