Sign in with
Your question

Gta iv windows 7 lag forums

Last response: in Windows 7
January 5, 2013 7:57:58 PM

Hello,
i have a big problem while playing GTA IV.
GTA IV from the moment i launched it, it lags
here are the system settings.
Processor:INTEL PENTIUM 4CPU 3.00GHZ 3.00GHZ
RAM:2GB
SYSTEM TYPE:32-BIT
I HAVE WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE SERVICE PACK 1.
PLEASE I NEED A FAST RESPOND AND SOLUTION I CANT HANDLE WITH THIS PROBLEM ANYMORE.

More about : gta windows lag forums

a b $ Windows 7
January 5, 2013 7:59:36 PM

well for starters, that cpu shouldn't be running gta4 or windows 7. time to buy a new machine.
m
l
January 5, 2013 8:07:20 PM

dazam13 said:
Hello,
i have a big problem while playing GTA IV.
GTA IV from the moment i launched it, it lags
here are the system settings.
Processor:INTEL PENTIUM 4CPU 3.00GHZ 3.00GHZ
RAM:2GB
SYSTEM TYPE:32-BIT
I HAVE WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE SERVICE PACK 1.
PLEASE I NEED A FAST RESPOND AND SOLUTION I CANT HANDLE WITH THIS PROBLEM ANYMORE.

You only have 2gb ram, your processor is too weak.... I don't even wanna know what gpu you have...

That's why you can't run it, you computer CANT run it.

m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 5, 2013 8:08:35 PM

duplicate post
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 5, 2013 8:26:02 PM

your computer is way way under spec. you want to be using at least 3 core cpu for gta 4 as its a console port and the consoles had 3 cores minimum. your trying to get a 10 year old cpu to do the work of a much younger cpu and failing miserably...
your pc is only suitable for basic gaming like sim city or the tycoon games. it wont play high end AAA titles.... upgrade of forget it.
also use the site can i run it... by system requirement labs... http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri if it says you cant run it then you really cant run it.
m
l
January 5, 2013 8:31:37 PM

A pentium 4 is NOT going to run most modern game titles, especially GTA4. I'm fairly sure your GPU is equally underspec as well.

You need a new computer.

HEXiT said:
your computer is way way under spec. you want to be using at least 3 core cpu for gta 4 as its a console port and the consoles had 3 cores minimum. your trying to get a 10 year old cpu to do the work of a much younger cpu and failing miserably...
your pc is only suitable for basic gaming like sim city or the tycoon games. it wont play high end AAA titles.... upgrade of forget it.
also use the site can i run it... by system requirement labs... http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri if it says you cant run it then you really cant run it.

Simcity 4 with the Network Addon Mod (most popular one among major SC4 fan sites) can easily choke on even an i5 3750k clocked to 5.4 GHz due to it's traffic simulator's all-or-nothing coding. Either you get unrealistic pathing that results in highways being unused and streets having a 12-hour traffic backlog, or your computer struggles to keep the game running.
m
l
!