2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
11" - 14"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Depends on screen size but no preference.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
I want it to be simple but also capable of watching movie and photos. I just want good performance.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least 320GB. I don't need a lot of storage.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Manufacturer's site or NewEgg if it's posted because theres no sales tax!
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 3 years, I am looking for long time as I don't have the time to shopping around yearly changing laptops.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD Read + Write.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'd prefer Dell, Lenovo or other good brands. But I don't like Asus, Toshiba, HP or the likes because theres so much different models I'm just confused. Also, they seem too cheap.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Since I want a portable laptop, I want it to be light and durable as I might be rough with it. I want it to be similar to the Macbook Air which is strong, durable (aluminum case), light, and good performance, but at a lower price. I also want it to have at least an Intel Core 2 Duo with 2GB - 4GB RAM. Core i-series is mainly what I've been looking for.