Sign in with
Your question

Which mouse should I buy?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 23, 2012 10:28:34 PM

A few weeks ago my MS Sidewinder gaming mouse, of many years had an accidental swim and did not recover from that.

After a lot of searching the web, I decided to replace it with the new Razer Mamba 2012. Boy that was a mistake.

Sure, it looks nice and is comfortable to use, but its battery life is very poor, 6 hours if I'm lucky. It responds very slowly when 'waking up' after a short break (even to type a chat message) and to top it off, the mouse buttons squeek very annoyingly when clicking.

This little snake will therefore be returned to the snakepit where it came from.

That still leaves me the question which mouse to buy.

I am looking for a good quality mouse, that is comfortable and preferably wireless. If wireless, it needs to be easy to recharge and should easily last a full day (>12 hours continious use) before requiring a recharge. I like the ergonomics of the Mamba very much, in that respect, it was perfect for me.
I also play a lot of games, but very few FPS and never and online FPS, high dpi isn't really nessecary I think.

After the Mamba disappointment, I do not trust myself anymore. Which mouse do you experts think I should buy?

More about : mouse buy

July 3, 2012 9:51:27 PM

If you're in the market for a wireless mouse, then you cannot go wrong with a Logitech MX1100 or the Performance MX. They are both extremely comfortable to use and aren't really that expensive. They have a good amount of features to them too which is another plus. If you're willing to spend a good amount then look into the Logitech G700. It's a wired/wireless gaming mouse.
!