HP Mini 110 for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeevil

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
HP Mini 110

My gaming PC just went down and couldn't get a new one until January next year.

Question:
1. Is this netbook unit viable for Korean MMORPG?
2. Is this netbook unit viable for just playing DotA?

Just curious and at the same time hoping.

Solution
Hello Zeeevil;
No problem installing the software and testing. You might get lucky.
It looks like it might meet the minimum requirements of DotA (Pentium II CPU and DirectX 8.1 video)
You might have a problem with the max 1024 x 600 resolution of the HP Mini 110 screen though.
You'll probably need to set the game to run at 800x600 if it can run that low a graphics option.

In any case, I doubt you'll be happy with the quality and performance of the game play. It is a low power, low spec Netbook.
Hello Zeeevil;
No problem installing the software and testing. You might get lucky.
It looks like it might meet the minimum requirements of DotA (Pentium II CPU and DirectX 8.1 video)
You might have a problem with the max 1024 x 600 resolution of the HP Mini 110 screen though.
You'll probably need to set the game to run at 800x600 if it can run that low a graphics option.

In any case, I doubt you'll be happy with the quality and performance of the game play. It is a low power, low spec Netbook.

Solution

Zeeevil

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010

If I'm able to play the Korean MMORPG, will it cause any problem? Like to it's battery or monitor perhaps? I just want to know the possible problem if I use this for playing games.

You didn't mention which Korean MMORPG you were talking about.
Some of the older/earliest 2D MMORPGs will run on that hardware.
Many of the newer 3D MMORPGs have high spec system requirements that won't run on your Netbook.

Testing of the games should not cause problems. If they won't run, or run unsatisfactory just uninstall them.
Again, a Netbook is a very poor choice for any type of 3D gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.