Keeping stuff @ home as backup question.. - Star9_.txt (0/1)

Greetings All,

At the risk of being yelled at for asking another silly
question...<g>..here I go again....

I was just wondering if anyone keeps armor and weapons at home "just
in case" or is it unlikely that something like an ego item or artifact
will get damaged and need to be replaced? I am asking as I am
currently using Chain Main of Arvedui (-2) [+14,+15] (+2), but have at
home Mitheral Chain Mail and Metal Scale Mail (Dwarvan) (-2) [+13,+18]
(+2), plus some other stuff (char dump below) and the house is full.

Do I need to keep some of these things "just in case" or after getting
something better they can be gotten rid of?

Just wondering what others tend to do.....

Thanks,

Paul C. Heisner

don't try sending the text file, copy all text, then paste it into your
post

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Paul & Victoria Heisner wrote:
> >>I was just wondering if anyone keeps armor and weapons at home "just
> >>in case" or is it unlikely that something like an ego item or artifact
> >>will get damaged and need to be replaced? I am asking as I am
> >>currently using Chain Main of Arvedui (-2) [+14,+15] (+2), but have at
> >>home Mitheral Chain Mail and Metal Scale Mail (Dwarvan) (-2) [+13,+18]
> >>(+2), plus some other stuff (char dump below) and the house is full.
> >>
> >>Do I need to keep some of these things "just in case" or after getting
> >>something better they can be gotten rid of?

With success comes the joy of inventory management :) Here are a few
pointers...

> d) 5 Orange Speckled Potions of Restore Life Levels
> e) an Orange Speckled Potion of Restore Life Levels {50% off}

There is an option (in the Efficiency subscreen IIRC) to merge
discounts. Set this to yes, and these two will stack. I generally
don't bother keeping these; they're reasonably common at the temple.

> f) 2 Gold Potions of Restore Strength
> g) 2 Metallic Green Potions of Restore Intelligence
> h) 4 Dark Blue Potions of Restore Wisdom
> i) a Brown Speckled Potion of Restore Dexterity
> j) 2 Clotted Red Potions of Restore Constitution
> k) 4 Purple Speckled Potions of Restore Charisma

Definitely don't bother keeping these now. They're common enough in
the Alshemist and the dungeon, and if all else fails there are your
Mushrooms of Restoring.

The rest looks OK (although ID and Satisfy Hunger I probably would
either carry or ditch). Believe me, the choices become harder later -
invariably there is at least one item I sell and then wish I hadn't.

Nick.

Paul, you need to plan for:

1. High Constitution. Without hit points, you die.
2. Speed. (Not applicable here.)
3. High damage. If you kill monsters faster, you take less damage.
This means good weapon, Damage or Slaying rings, Strength, and
Dexterity, not necessarily in that order. (You need to try all
possibilities, and calculate damage.)
4. Resistances. You have rbase from either
* Defender. Bad choice for warrior.
* Resistance amulet
* Colluin - this is much better!
-- Get a better amulet.
You have RConf from your helmet. That's good. You also need
RBlind
RNexus is nice where you are, but you don't absolutely need it. Just be
careful of nexus hounds & vortexes.
RNether is nice
RDark is nice
RShards is nice, but again you don't absolutely need it.

4. Stealth, detection, etc. You might want to carry Detect Evil
staffs, or Light Rods, or both.

You would be better off stocking enchanted arrows than some of that
stuff. Better still, keep the heavy high damage weapons for which you
don't yet have sufficient strength & dexterity to get 4 or 5 blows.

Paul Heisner wrote:

> [Character Equipment]
>
> a) a Short Sword (Defender) (1d7) (+9,+9) [+4] (+1 to stealth)
> It increases your stealth by 1. It provides resistance to acid,
> lightning, fire, and cold. It sustains your wisdom. It makes you fall
> like a feather and speeds your regeneration. It grants you immunity to
> paralysis and the ability to see invisible things. It cannot be harmed
> by the elements.
Bad choice of weapons for warrior.
> b) a Long Bow of Extra Might (x3) (+9,+17) (+1)
> It increases your shooting power by 1.

> c) a Moonstone Ring of Protection [+12]
Get more damage or strength or constitution.

> d) a Platinum Ring of Damage (+10)

> e) an Amber Amulet of Resistance
> It provides resistance to acid, lightning, fire, and cold. It cannot
> be harmed by the elements.
This is doing you no good at all. You've covered the basic resistances
in several different ways. Just about anything is better here.

> f) The Phial of Galadriel
> It lights the dungeon around you. It cannot be harmed by the elements.
> It might have hidden powers.
> g) The Chain Mail of Arvedui (-2) [14,+15] (+2)
> It increases your strength and charisma by 2. It provides resistance
> to acid, lightning, fire, cold, shards, and nexus. It cannot be harmed
> by the elements.
Possibly swap with Dwarven armor. See below.

> h) The Cloak of Thorongil [1,+9]
> It cannot be harmed by the elements. It might have hidden powers.
Sell. Colluin is infinitely better.

> i) a Large Leather Shield of Resist Acid [4,+10]
> It provides resistance to acid. It cannot be harmed by acid.
> j) The Metal Cap of Thengel [3,+12] (+3)
> It increases your wisdom and charisma by 3. It cannot be harmed by the
> elements. It might have hidden powers.
This gives confusion protection. You can
> k) a Set of Leather Gloves of Power (+4,+3) [1,+6] (+4)
> It increases your strength by 4.
> l) a Pair of Soft Leather Boots of Speed [2,+6] (+7)
> It increases your speed by 7.
>

> [Character Inventory]
>
> a) 15 Gold Speckled Potions of Cure Critical Wounds
> b) 5 Red Speckled Potions of Healing
> c) 47 Scrolls titled "staseh er" of Identify
> d) 4 Scrolls titled "monbek oxywex" of Satisfy Hunger
> e) 4 Copper Rods of Trap Location
> f) 2 Lead Rods of Door/Stair Location
> g) a Magnesium Rod of Recall
> It cannot be harmed by electricity.
> h) 7 Titanium Rods of Lightning Bolts
> i) 3 Zirconium Rods of Fire Bolts
> j) a Silver Rod of Frost Bolts
> k) 99 Arrows (1d4) (+0,+0)
>

> [Home Inventory]
>
> a) 3 Brown Mushrooms of Restoring
> b) 17 White Potions of Speed
> c) 19 Gold Speckled Potions of Cure Critical Wounds

> d) 5 Orange Speckled Potions of Restore Life Levels
> e) an Orange Speckled Potion of Restore Life Levels {50% off}
Sell. Get from store when you need it. If it's not available, don't
worry about a little lost experience.

> f) 2 Gold Potions of Restore Strength
> g) 2 Metallic Green Potions of Restore Intelligence
> h) 4 Dark Blue Potions of Restore Wisdom
> i) a Brown Speckled Potion of Restore Dexterity
> j) 2 Clotted Red Potions of Restore Constitution
> k) 4 Purple Speckled Potions of Restore Charisma
Sell all these. Get them in the store, or use Mushrooms of Restoring if
you really need the stat. As warrior, you can let Charisma,
Intelligence, Wisdom slide for quite a while. Intelligence is a little
useful, since it lets you use more powerful magic items.

> l) 99 Scrolls titled "staseh er" of Identify
No need to stock these. Use staffs of Perception if these are
unavailable in the store.
> m) 2 Scrolls titled "manarze trifri" of *Identify*
Get all you can!

> n) 15 Scrolls titled "monbek oxywex" of Satisfy Hunger
Sell. Lots of ways to get food.

> o) 4 Titanium Wands of Teleport Other (32 charges)
Why aren't you carrying these? These are absolutely critical in
getting out of a jam. Learn to rely on them, otherwise you *will* die.

> p) a Silver Ring of Free Action
> It grants you immunity to paralysis.
Sell.
> q) a Bloodstone Ring of See Invisible
> It grants you the ability to see invisible things.
Sell.
> r) a Bronze Amulet of Charisma (+3)
> It increases your charisma by 3. It sustains your charisma.
> s) Metal Scale Mail (Dwarven) (-2) [13,+18] (+2)
> It increases your strength and constitution by 2. It increases your
> infravision by 2. It grants you immunity to paralysis. It cannot be
> harmed by acid or fire.
You might want to wear this. Colluin covers RBase. You should bee
able to kill nexus hounds with a single turn by now. +2 CON and STR may
be better than RNexus + RShards.
> t) Mithril Chain Mail (-1) [28,+6]
> It cannot be harmed by acid.
Sell.
> u) The Cloak 'Colluin' [1,+15]
> It cannot be harmed by the elements. It might have hidden powers.
Wear this instead of Thorongil. You can get Free Action from Dwarven
chain mail or from your weapon.
> v) The Set of Gauntlets 'Paurhach' [2,+15]
> It cannot be harmed by the elements. It might have hidden powers.
Sell. Just about any ego gloves are better.
> w) a Dagger (Holy Avenger) (1d4) (+9,+9) [+3] (+1)
> It increases your wisdom by 1. It slays demons, undead, and all evil
> creatures. It provides resistance to fear. It is blessed by the gods.
> It grants you the ability to see invisible things. It might have
> hidden powers.
Use if you get more damage (5 blows) from this.
> x) a Scimitar of Westernesse (2d5) (+10,+9) (+1)
> It increases your strength, dexterity, and constitution by 1. It slays
> orcs, trolls, and giants. It grants you immunity to paralysis and the
> ability to see invisible things.
Use this if it gives you 4 or 5 blows. I suspect with +3 more
strength, and +1 dex, from armor and weapon, and you will be there.
Better still if you can get something with a brand, though that may
mean a big rearrangement to get see invisible.

You have:

Defender
Thorongil
Arvedui - shards, nexus
Amulet of Resistance

Colluin + Slow Digestion is better than Thorongil & Amulet of
Resistance.

Dwarven may be better than Arvedui; it depends how much you are worried
about Shards from Great crystal drake (GCD) & nexus stat swapping.
Until GCD at dlev 45, shards damage is just not much of a problem.

Westernesse is probably better than defender. With westernesse and
Dwarven Armor, you can probably kill Nexus & Crystal hounds with a
single turn.

Bill Hicks predicted that on Wed, 01 Jun 2005 20:37:53 -0400, Paul &
Victoria Heisner <pheisner@shoreham.net> would write:

>Greetings All,
>
>At the risk of being yelled at for asking another silly
>question...<g>..here I go again....
>
>I was just wondering if anyone keeps armor and weapons at home "just
>in case" or is it unlikely that something like an ego item or artifact
>will get damaged and need to be replaced? I am asking as I am
>currently using Chain Main of Arvedui (-2) [+14,+15] (+2), but have at
>home Mitheral Chain Mail and Metal Scale Mail (Dwarvan) (-2) [+13,+18]
>(+2), plus some other stuff (char dump below) and the house is full.
>
>Do I need to keep some of these things "just in case" or after getting
>something better they can be gotten rid of?
>
>Just wondering what others tend to do.....
>
>Thanks,
>
>Paul C. Heisner

Apparently the dump didn't go through...trying it again....

Bill Hicks predicted that on 1 Jun 2005 17:49:54 -0700, "Jeda"
<Matthias.rudolf@gmail.com> would write:

>don't try sending the text file, copy all text, then paste it into your
>post

Thanks Jeda, my wife, the house Computer Ghoddess, helped me.

Paul C. Heisner

In article <adks91d6nqvbkfkirmcgc53rsm07o09oqi@4ax.com>,
Paul & Victoria Heisner <pheisner@shoreham.net> wrote:

>Greetings All,
>
>At the risk of being yelled at for asking another silly
>question...<g>..here I go again....
>
>I was just wondering if anyone keeps armor and weapons at home "just
>in case" or is it unlikely that something like an ego item or artifact
>will get damaged and need to be replaced? I am asking as I am
>currently using Chain Main of Arvedui (-2) [+14,+15] (+2), but have at
>home Mitheral Chain Mail and Metal Scale Mail (Dwarvan) (-2) [+13,+18]
>(+2), plus some other stuff (char dump below) and the house is full.
>
>Do I need to keep some of these things "just in case" or after getting
>something better they can be gotten rid of?

It depends.

Your weapons and armor can't be destroyed while you're wearing them. [1]

Anything that ignores elemental damage can't be destroyed out of your
inventory.

If you're swapping between bits of equipment depending on
circumstances, you may want to keep backups at home.

More commonly, people tend to keep equipment they're not using, but
might in the future if they find other things. Arvedui is just better
than armor of resistance, or your plain Mithril Chain. However, that
Dwarven armor provides things that Arvedui doesn't. (and vice versa)
If you find some other piece of equipment that covers the resistances
arvedui gives you, the Dwarven armor becomes a lot better.

[1] I lie. It can happen, but it won't.
--
Julian Lighton jl8e@fragment.com
/* You are not expected to understand this. */

And one more point - Dunadan has intrinsic sustained constitution so
you won't need "restore constitution" anyway.

Paul & Victoria Heisner <pheisner@shoreham.net> wrote:

> Greetings All,
>
> At the risk of being yelled at for asking another silly
> question...<g>..here I go again....

There are curmudgeons everywhere. The only stupid question is the one
not asked.

--
Harry Erwin <http://www.theworld.com/~herwin>
My neuroscience wikiwiki is at

Harry Erwin wrote:
> Paul & Victoria Heisner <pheisner@shoreham.net> wrote:
>
>>Greetings All,
>>
>>At the risk of being yelled at for asking another silly
>>question...<g>..here I go again....
>
> There are curmudgeons everywhere. The only stupid question is the one
> not asked.

There seems to be an especially dense concentration of curmudgeons in
rgr*, and maybe in Usenet generally. Also:

Hear, hear! Bravo! and Amen to that!

Paul & Victoria Heisner wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> At the risk of being yelled at for asking another silly
> question...<g>..here I go again....
>
> I was just wondering if anyone keeps armor and weapons at home "just
> in case" or is it unlikely that something like an ego item or artifact
> will get damaged and need to be replaced?

Yes, but reason is normally that item in question has some feature that
you don't need just now but might need later. Damage is rarely the reason.

> I am asking as I am
> currently using Chain Main of Arvedui (-2) [+14,+15] (+2), but have at
> home Mitheral Chain Mail and Metal Scale Mail (Dwarvan) (-2) [+13,+18]
> (+2), plus some other stuff (char dump below) and the house is full.

Mithril chain mail you can sell. AC is almost least important of all
features and Arvedui cannot be damaged by acid just like Dwarven mail.
Those both give you something that might be useful later (Dwarven gives
FA and +2 to CON, and Arvedui gives RBase + RShards).

For your dump I'd say use Colluin (*ID* this, you'll like it), Dwarven
and Westernesse. If you find good RoSTR or RoCON wear it instead of your
RoProt. You need more blows and/or HP.

Timo Pietilä

Timo Pietilä wrote:
> For your dump I'd say use Colluin (*ID* this, you'll like it), Dwarven
> and Westernesse. If you find good RoSTR or RoCON wear it instead of your
> RoProt. You need more blows and/or HP.

Lucky prick, finding Colluin with a char that doesn't get a certain
spell. :)

Paul & Victoria Heisner wrote:

> BTW--are the statgain potions between dlvls 30 (1500') & 33 (1650')?
>
> I am at dlvl 30/31 now, so I just wanted to make sure, thanks!

The easy way to find this out is from the lib/edit files. (It may be
that the spoilers at thangorodrim.net are easier to read.)

>From object.txt:

N:225:Strength
G:!:d
I:75:48:0
W:30:0:4:8000 <---- dlev 30, cost 8000
A:30/1 <-- very common at level 30.
P:0:1d1:0:0:0
F:EASY_KNOW
D:It first acts as a Potion of Restore Strength, then permanently
D: increases strength.

[ Same for all except charisma, which is shallower and cheaper]

Also worth keeping in mind:

N:375:Detection
G:-:d
I:66:6:99
W:30:0:15:5000
A:30/8 <----- Pretty uncommon.
P:0:1d1:0:0:0
F:EASY_KNOW | IGNORE_ELEC
D:It detects all treasure, objects, secret doors, stairs, traps, and
D: monsters in the immediate area.

and

N:364:Teleport Other
G:-:d
I:66:13:25
W:45:0:15:1400
A:45/2
P:0:1d1:0:0:0
F:EASY_KNOW
D:It produces a beam that teleports all monsters caught in it up to 100
D: squares away.

But look out for Kavlax (monsters.txt); also all G:D: and G:M: and
Drolem (green 'g')

N:423:Kavlax the Many-Headed
G:d:v
I:120:13d100:20:85:30 <---- Double speed; 1300 HP = 433 damage from
unresisted Basic Elemental damage; 216 - 260 High Elemental damage.
W:39:3:0:3000
B:BITE:HURT:2d12
B:BITE:HURT:2d12
B:BITE:HURT:2d12
B:BITE:HURT:2d12
F:UNIQUE | MALE | ATTR_MULTI
F:FORCE_SLEEP | FORCE_MAXHP
F:ONLY_ITEM | DROP_4D2 | DROP_GOOD
F:OPEN_DOOR | BASH_DOOR | POWERFUL
F:EVIL | DRAGON | IM_ACID | IM_FIRE | IM_COLD | IM_ELEC
F:NO_CONF | NO_SLEEP | RES_NEXUS
S:1_IN_4
S:BR_ACID | BR_FIRE | BR_COLD | BR_ELEC | BR_SOUN | BR_CONF
S:BR_SHAR | BR_GRAV | BR_NEXU <------- Gravity breath slows
unresistably.
D:A large dragon with a selection of heads, all shouting and arguing as
they
D: look for prey, but each with its own deadly breath weapon.

Bill Hicks predicted that on Thu, 02 Jun 2005 13:59:12 -0400, Twisted
One <twisted0n3@gmail.invalid> would write:

>Timo Pietilä wrote:
>> For your dump I'd say use Colluin (*ID* this, you'll like it), Dwarven
>> and Westernesse. If you find good RoSTR or RoCON wear it instead of your
>> RoProt. You need more blows and/or HP.
>
>Lucky prick, finding Colluin with a char that doesn't get a certain
>spell. :)

Thank you, Thank you, (waves to the cheering crowd) I'd like to thank
my mother.....(g) ;)

Paul C. Heisner

BTW--are the statgain potions between dlvls 30 (1500') & 33 (1650')?

I am at dlvl 30/31 now, so I just wanted to make sure, thanks!

Paul & Victoria Heisner wrote:
> BTW--are the statgain potions between dlvls 30 (1500') & 33 (1650')?
>
> I am at dlvl 30/31 now, so I just wanted to make sure, thanks!

Statpotions are native to dlvl 30 ('1500), so you start seeing them on
that depth. But they also apear deeper, so players tend to dive
somewhere '1900 near end of statgain.

Well, there are also crashdivers, who has no time to stay in statgain,
but that is another story, it is their style of playing. Eddie is one
such person. I personally wait until stats are maximized before diving
below '1900

- donalde -

In article <9chv91l2n9rov6u90drnu5o4otru8c70e6@4ax.com>,
Paul & Victoria Heisner <pheisner@shoreham.net> wrote:
>Bill Hicks predicted that on Thu, 02 Jun 2005 13:59:12 -0400, Twisted
>One <twisted0n3@gmail.invalid> would write:
>>Timo Pietilä wrote:
>>> For your dump I'd say use Colluin (*ID* this, you'll like it), Dwarven
>>> and Westernesse. If you find good RoSTR or RoCON wear it instead of your
>>> RoProt. You need more blows and/or HP.
>>
>>Lucky prick, finding Colluin with a char that doesn't get a certain
>>spell. :)
>
>Thank you, Thank you, (waves to the cheering crowd) I'd like to thank
>my mother.....(g) ;)

Hmph. My mother never gave me Colluin.

>BTW--are the statgain potions between dlvls 30 (1500') & 33 (1650')?
>
>I am at dlvl 30/31 now, so I just wanted to make sure, thanks!

Sort of.

They're native to level 30. That means that there's no longer an extra
random check for making out-of-depth objects once you get that deep.

However, that only applies for objects on the floor. When a monster
drops an object, the game takes the average of the dungeon level and
the monster's native level, and generates objects appropriate for that
level.

So, if you kill a Snaga (lvl 6) at level 30, it drops level 18
objects. No stat potions there.

The deeper you go below lvl 30, the more monsters can drop stat potions.

Of course, the deeper you go, the more dangerous the monsters get.
(For instance, there are some new Z's to watch out for that are native
to lvl 35.)

Consider the trolls:

Stone troll: 25
Troll priest: 26
Algroth: 27
Ice Troll: 28
Cave Troll: 33

Most of them appear in packs. They drop objects. They're not that
dangerous, all things considered. Sometimes, you get a pit full of 95
of them at that depth.

And if you drop a few levels below 30, they can drop stat potions.

(Needless to say, they're not the only ones, but they're a great source.)
--

John D. Goulden wrote:
> > I was just wondering if anyone keeps armor and weapons at home "just
> > in case" or is it unlikely that something like an ego item or artifact
> > will get damaged and need to be replaced?
>
> Well, ego-items and artifacts can't be damaged by the elements (although
> they CAN be disenchanted). But, yes, many players keep their homes full of
> goodies that they are (a) saving up for the final battle with M or (b)
> because they have, say, three or four weapons that are all "good" (often in
> different ways - say, a rare resistance) and aren't sure which one to use
> and don't want to part with any of them. Part of the game is having x+1
> useful items and having to decide which one to sell! Like those damn Boots
> of Wormtongue{uncursed}, which no one will buy and which I'm unwilling to
> actually wear (at least not very often) but are still the best boots I have
> found even with the minuses to hit and damage (I did experimentally
> determine that even with the Boots of W, The Long Bow of Bard and +10,+10
> branded Mythril Arrows in the hands of a Ranger still wreak considerable
> havoc upon pretty much anything I shoot at :).

Too bad magical disenchantment doesn't work in both directions, eh?
Wear those boots, then go stand next to a disenchanter eye...
More to the point: many ego items can be destroyed by acid, especially.
They must have IM_ACID in the flags, or they are vulnerable.
Artifacts cannot be destroyed by any means.

If you are only interested in finding artifacts, a rod of acid balls
can be useful.

> I was just wondering if anyone keeps armor and weapons at home "just
> in case" or is it unlikely that something like an ego item or artifact
> will get damaged and need to be replaced?

Well, ego-items and artifacts can't be damaged by the elements (although
they CAN be disenchanted). But, yes, many players keep their homes full of
goodies that they are (a) saving up for the final battle with M or (b)
because they have, say, three or four weapons that are all "good" (often in
different ways - say, a rare resistance) and aren't sure which one to use
and don't want to part with any of them. Part of the game is having x+1
useful items and having to decide which one to sell! Like those damn Boots
of Wormtongue{uncursed}, which no one will buy and which I'm unwilling to
actually wear (at least not very often) but are still the best boots I have
found even with the minuses to hit and damage (I did experimentally
determine that even with the Boots of W, The Long Bow of Bard and +10,+10
branded Mythril Arrows in the hands of a Ranger still wreak considerable
havoc upon pretty much anything I shoot at :).

--
John Goulden
who has never actually won this game but as usual has a potential winner

Nick wrote:

> Paul & Victoria Heisner wrote:
[snip]

> With success comes the joy of inventory management :) Here are a few
> pointers...
>

>>d) 5 Orange Speckled Potions of Restore Life Levels
>>e) an Orange Speckled Potion of Restore Life Levels {50% off}

[snip]

>>f) 2 Gold Potions of Restore Strength
>>g) 2 Metallic Green Potions of Restore Intelligence
>>h) 4 Dark Blue Potions of Restore Wisdom
>>i) a Brown Speckled Potion of Restore Dexterity
>>j) 2 Clotted Red Potions of Restore Constitution
>>k) 4 Purple Speckled Potions of Restore Charisma
>

> Definitely don't bother keeping these now. They're common enough in
> the Alshemist and the dungeon, and if all else fails there are your
> Mushrooms of Restoring.

I sort of agree but so long as you do not need the slots at home, or
need the money to purchase something else, there is no harm keeping
them, if nothing else it might save you having to look for one if your
stats do get drained.

--
To contact me take a davidhowdon and add a @yahoo.co.uk to the end.

On 2 Jun 2005 22:25:10 -0700, pete mack wrote:

>The easy way to find this out is from the lib/edit files. (It may be
>that the spoilers at thangorodrim.net are easier to read.)

Hi Pete,

The spoilers at thangorodrim.net are outdated (made in 1996, for Angband
2.7.9v6). Some of the spoilers at the FTP site are more current (made in
2003, for Angband 3.0.3).

Best is to wait a couple of days. I have just finished work on the
spoilers for 3.0.5, and I've sent them to RR9 for inclusion on bith the
FTP site and thangorodrim.net.

BTW, anyone who needs the updated spoilers NOW can mail me.

Best, Hugo
--
Your sig line (k) was stolen! (more)
There is a puff of smoke!

(Remove NO and SPAM to get my e-mail address)

Paul & Victoria Heisner wrote:

> BTW--are the statgain potions between dlvls 30 (1500') & 33 (1650')?

Potions are native at dlvl 30. All levels after that are "stat-gain",
but there is huge jump in monster deadliness around 2000' (40), so area
between 1500' and 2000' is considered stat-gain.

Monster drop lvl is average between dlvl and monster level, so if you
dive a bit deeper than 1500' you start to see more and more of these
potions dropped by monsters. Troll pits around 1800' are a good source
for potions. At the end you see orcs dropping stat-potions.

Timo Pietilä

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

David Howdon wrote:
> Nick wrote:

[Don't keep restore stat potions]

> I sort of agree but so long as you do not need the slots at home, or
> need the money to purchase something else, there is no harm keeping
> them, if nothing else it might save you having to look for one if your
> stats do get drained.

Agree completely. My comments were only in the context of needing more
space at home.

Nick.