Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Stream video from laptop to Smart TV

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
January 5, 2013 9:28:50 PM

Hello,
I have a 52 inch SHARP AQUOS tv. It's wifi / internet ready and comes with all the bells and whistles of apps and what not. I want to stream my movies to it from my laptop (yes i've looked around the forums already for answers but i want 2013 answers not 2006 answers) and I am looking for something that has the option of 5.1 surround hookups. I want the quality of video AND sound. I can provide details of what im using if needed. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Let me add since I seem to have missed this.. by streaming.. i mean WIRELESSLY
a c 248 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 5, 2013 9:38:23 PM

Hi :) 

Use an HDMI cable..

All the best Brett :) 

Best solution

a b x TV
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 5, 2013 9:49:39 PM
Share

Either connect your laptop via hdmi to your TV or read here: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2020825/how-to-get-start...
Related resources
a c 248 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 5, 2013 9:53:07 PM

Hi :) 

And don't alter your first post again...

All the best Brett :) 
January 5, 2013 11:04:45 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

And don't alter your first post again...

All the best Brett :) 



I reserve the right to use the provided EDIT button. If you don't like it, don't answer.
a c 248 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 6, 2013 10:05:37 AM

proflashrtist said:
I reserve my right all be it by EDIT button and VETERAN RIGHTS to alter my first post ANY TIME I PLEASE because if this site didn't want me to alter my first post.. it wouldn't have changed...



Hi :) 

VETERAN RIGHTS....you are kidding right ?

All the best Brett :) 
January 6, 2013 11:28:38 AM

by the way.. i've found my answer.. it's free DLNA and free media service with PLEX..
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 6, 2013 1:14:46 PM

proflashrtist said:
by the way.. i've found my answer.. it's free DLNA and free media service with PLEX..


If the TV supports dlna then you don't have to use PLEX. Simply setting up media streaming in media player will do, unless of course your TV has a PLEX client available in which case it will certainly look a lot better using that.
a b x TV
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 6, 2013 7:04:14 PM

proflashrtist said:
by the way.. i've found my answer.. it's free DLNA and free media service with PLEX..

That's what i told you!
January 13, 2013 5:19:34 PM

noidea_77 said:
That's what i told you!



YES you did noidea.. thank you for that. However it's only a partial answer due to the lack of compatibility between movie types and what plex can play. I figure a brand new sharp aquos smart tv would be able to play whatever it needed, but sometimes it just opens the movie.. turns the screen black for about a min, then goes back to the menu. LAME
January 13, 2013 5:20:00 PM

Best answer selected by proflashrtist.
June 27, 2013 5:57:54 AM

proflashrtist said:
Hello,
I have a 52 inch SHARP AQUOS tv. It's wifi / internet ready and comes with all the bells and whistles of apps and what not. I want to stream my movies to it from my laptop (yes i've looked around the forums already for answers but i want 2013 answers not 2006 answers) and I am looking for something that has the option of 5.1 surround hookups. I want the quality of video AND sound. I can provide details of what im using if needed. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Let me add since I seem to have missed this.. by streaming.. i mean WIRELESSLY


u can try this http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/File-Sharing/AllS...
!