Stream video from laptop to Smart TV

proflashrtist

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
Hello,
I have a 52 inch SHARP AQUOS tv. It's wifi / internet ready and comes with all the bells and whistles of apps and what not. I want to stream my movies to it from my laptop (yes i've looked around the forums already for answers but i want 2013 answers not 2006 answers) and I am looking for something that has the option of 5.1 surround hookups. I want the quality of video AND sound. I can provide details of what im using if needed. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Let me add since I seem to have missed this.. by streaming.. i mean WIRELESSLY

Hi :)

VETERAN RIGHTS....you are kidding right ?

All the best Brett :)

G

If the TV supports dlna then you don't have to use PLEX. Simply setting up media streaming in media player will do, unless of course your TV has a PLEX client available in which case it will certainly look a lot better using that.

proflashrtist

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011

YES you did noidea.. thank you for that. However it's only a partial answer due to the lack of compatibility between movie types and what plex can play. I figure a brand new sharp aquos smart tv would be able to play whatever it needed, but sometimes it just opens the movie.. turns the screen black for about a min, then goes back to the menu. LAME

Jb9643

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012

u can try this http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/File-Sharing/AllShare.shtml