[V305] Spoiler files updated!

Hi all,

I have just sent updated versions of several spoiler files for Angband
V3.0.5 to Robert Rühlmann, with the request to upload them to the FTP
site and to the official Angband homepage (www.thangorodrim.net) as
well. I think that Robert will p[ost an announcement to this group when
the spoiler files are available at the FTP site.

The major changes I made (apart from correcting some errors and
incorporating the changes made to Angband since V3.0.3) are:

* I added a complete description of all powers that items may have at
the end of OBJ-GOOD.SPO. No more wondering what "Free Action" does, or
what the exact amount of damage reduction bestowed by Resist Chaos is.

* I added much more specific details to many of the item descriptions in
OBJ-LONG.SPO, and to some of the spell descriptions in MAGIC.SPO.

A full list of updated files and all changes made follows:

List of changes for the 3.0.5 version of the Vanilla Angband spoilers.

FOR ALL FILES
* Line length reduced to 72, for easier copying to usenet messages.
(this does not apply to spoilers that are generated by the Angband
debug mode commands).
* Changes since V3.0.3 are now reflected in the spoilers.
* Settled for one and only one name for effects and things that had
multiple names or multiple spellings (e.g. armour/armor and
electricity/lightning), except when quoting names or descriptions from
the game.
* Several minor bugs were corrected.
* In all descriptions, "the character" is replaced by "you", to match
the description Angband gives since V3.0.4 when 'I'nspecting an
object.

ARTIFACT.SPO (generated by the Angband debug mode commands)
* Some improvements were made to the code that generates the artifact
dscriptions.
(Improved line wrapping; improved handling of pronouns).

BOOKS.SPO
* The class names are now repeated for each book.

MAGIC.SPO
* Several INT/WIS dependant tables are now combined into one table.
* Information about damage reduction as a result of monster resistances
is removed (I plan to include this information in a seperate spoiler
file).
* More detail added to some of the spell descriptions.

OBJ-DESC.SPO (generated by the Angband debug mode commands)
* Bug in old generation code for this spoiler was corrected.
* New bug in generation code caused price for body armour to be
incorrect.
(Incorrect values have been corrected manually in this spoiler file).

OBJ-GOOD.SPO
* Complete description of the game-play effects of all powers and
activations added.

OBJ-LONG.SPO
* Included details on which object classes are hurt by which elemental
attacks.
* Added much more detail to many of the object descriptions.
* Added description of stacking for wands, staves and rods.

Best, Hugo
--
Your sig line (k) was stolen! (more)
There is a puff of smoke!

(Remove NO and SPAM to get my e-mail address)

Great! I'm looking forward to get the new files. :)

Hugo Kornelis wrote:
> I have just sent updated versions of several spoiler files for Angband
> V3.0.5 to Robert Rühlmann, with the request to upload them to the FTP
> site and to the official Angband homepage (www.thangorodrim.net) as
> well. I think that Robert will post an announcement to this group when
> the spoiler files are available at the FTP site.

The files are now available on the FTP server:
ftp://ftp.thangorodrim.net/pub/angband/Spoiler/artifact.spo
ftp://ftp.thangorodrim.net/pub/angband/Spoiler/books.spo
ftp://ftp.thangorodrim.net/pub/angband/Spoiler/magic.spo
ftp://ftp.thangorodrim.net/pub/angband/Spoiler/obj-desc.spo
ftp://ftp.thangorodrim.net/pub/angband/Spoiler/obj-good.spo
ftp://ftp.thangorodrim.net/pub/angband/Spoiler/obj-long.spo

--
Robert Ruehlmann ( rr9@thangorodrim.net )
"Thangorodrim - The Angband Page" : http://www.thangorodrim.net/
Visit the #angband chat channel at irc.worldirc.org