makaveli2007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
hi

i have the the Asus A52JC notebook

‎CPU‎ ‎Intel® Core™ i5-450M Processor, 2.4GHz,3MB Cache,1066MHz FSB‎

‎GPU‎ ‎NVIDIA® GeForce® 310M, (1 GB Dedicated)‎

‎OS‎ ‎Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit (Heb, Eng)‎

the problem is that , the system uses intel graphic's which i didnt know exist . instead of the exteranl Nvidia 310M

i looked up for it and it appears that it included in the "i5" CPU or something

i tried change it through windows without success ..

there is new technology of nvidia , called :"nvidia optimus", it is something similar to SLI technology but much better which i think cause the problem.

http://www.google.co.il/search?hl=iw&&sa=X&ei=Z9D_TKL4LYm08QP_69GMCw&ved=0CAYQvwUoAQ&q=nvidia+optimus&spell=1

do you have any idea for this?

Nvidia Optimus is simply a technology that allows for graphics switching- in your case, between your Intel on board chip and the Nvidia card. It will use the Intel chip when it deems that you do not need much graphics power, but when you do, it will switch to the dedicated card. I wouldn't worry about it as long as it isn't interfering with your tasks. Plus, I don't think that there is a way to disable it or a single graphics chip. You can take a look in your BIOS to see if you can, but chances are you won't be able to.

makaveli2007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010

hi buwish

i just wanted to check if its nornal\ok , or i have to do something in rder to use the Nvidia 310M

if that the case i dont want to disable it its good

say buwish i saw in the drivers manger >adapters> i had 2 adapters intels &nvidia

i hit the properites of intel is saw something like i core graphic or somethinng

so is it indect that it is built on the CPU or works with the CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.