Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Logitech G930 or Razor Tiamat 7.1?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
June 25, 2012 8:28:32 AM

I have recently decided that I am going to finally get a headset for my PC. I have looked around and done a good amount of research, and I have narrowed it down to these two headsets. I've looked all over the place and I can't find one comparison between the two. I was hoping that someone here could help me make the decision. Thanks in advanced.
June 26, 2012 9:19:46 PM

No one has any opinion on this at all?
m
0
l
Related resources
June 27, 2012 1:35:49 PM

If there is anyone out there who would actually like to know which headset is recommended, I went out and bought both headsets and I will put up my decision on which is better and why in about a week or two.
m
0
l
June 27, 2012 10:43:33 PM

I'm looking through these forums because my Logitech G930 Mic Boom just fell off after 6 months of use. The Mic has not been used much and has not been mistreated at all. The sound on the G930 was good, the surround has a bit of an echo and is a bit tinny but I loved the fact it was wireless. The other thing that bothered me was that I constantly had to swap the sound setting to default to either the speakers or headset. With the USB it does not recognize when you turn on the headset and automatically swap. Also it seems to recycle itself every now and again. Sound stops, blips off and then turns back on again. I have not tried the Razor yet but have many other Razor peripherals that seems to be working so I will also be looking at the Tiamat's.
m
0
l
June 28, 2012 8:32:50 PM

CelticCustom said:
I'm looking through these forums because my Logitech G930 Mic Boom just fell off after 6 months of use. The Mic has not been used much and has not been mistreated at all. The sound on the G930 was good, the surround has a bit of an echo and is a bit tinny but I loved the fact it was wireless. The other thing that bothered me was that I constantly had to swap the sound setting to default to either the speakers or headset. With the USB it does not recognize when you turn on the headset and automatically swap. Also it seems to recycle itself every now and again. Sound stops, blips off and then turns back on again. I have not tried the Razor yet but have many other Razor peripherals that seems to be working so I will also be looking at the Tiamat's.

Well, after using both headsets for a little while, this is what I have to say about them. I'll start with the Tiamat 7.1's. I thought it was very cool that they were actually true 7.1 surround sound. That's about the only thing going through my head before I bought them. Well, after using them for a little while, I have decided that I'm not going to go for a true 7.1 surround sound headset again, at least not for a while. In a game like Skyrim for example, the audio sounded, good enough, through normal gameplay, until something came up behind me, or I turned while someone was talking to me. If any audio was coming from the rear speakers in the headset, it sounded horrible. Anything out of the rear speakers was very "tinny" and really just annoying. Now in loud shooter games, the 7.1 surround sound didn't give you any more advantage than virtual 7.1 surround sound from any other "gaming" headset. And with all the explosions and gun shots, you for the most part can't even tell where something is coming from, except for whether it is closer to the right or left of you. The way the mixamp is set up is very convenient, by the push of a button I could switch to my other speakers. But the bass in the headset was pretty bad too, and yes, I messed with just about every setting there is to mess with to improve it. While I did improve it somewhat, it still sounded pretty bad. Also, while at first the headset felt very comfortable, after wearing it for about 2-3 hours, I could feel it pushing in on my head, and I actually developed a headache. Also, the mic on the Tiamat's, was just downright horrible. It sounds very puny/tinny, it is one of the worst microphones that I have ever used. So overall, I would not recommend the Tiamat 7.1's to anyone.

Now the G930 is a great headset, for the most part. The bass is great, sound quality, fit of the headset on my head, mic quality, everything, well, almost. If only it didn't have a slight rattle any time audio is playing through the headset. When I'm listening to music or watching a youtube video, I hear a rattling sound of sorts, very faint, but loud enough to annoy me. One other small annoyance is the fact that, about every hour, like Celtic said, it cycles itself, turning off and on. And lastly, the fact that you have to swap the sound settings to default to either your speakers or the headset like Celtic said. Other than those problems, the headset is great. So both headsets have their fair share of problems. But the G930's are, by far, much better than the Tiamat 7.1's. Now, me personally, I'm going to return both of the headsets and wait for the release of the Astro A50's, I had good experiences with the A40's(for the most part) so I am going back to Astro.
m
0
l
January 15, 2013 3:19:29 AM

hotelmariofan said:
Well, after using both headsets for a little while, this is what I have to say about them. I'll start with the Tiamat 7.1's. I thought it was very cool that they were actually true 7.1 surround sound. That's about the only thing going through my head before I bought them. Well, after using them for a little while, I have decided that I'm not going to go for a true 7.1 surround sound headset again, at least not for a while. In a game like Skyrim for example, the audio sounded, good enough, through normal gameplay, until something came up behind me, or I turned while someone was talking to me. If any audio was coming from the rear speakers in the headset, it sounded horrible. Anything out of the rear speakers was very "tinny" and really just annoying. Now in loud shooter games, the 7.1 surround sound didn't give you any more advantage than virtual 7.1 surround sound from any other "gaming" headset. And with all the explosions and gun shots, you for the most part can't even tell where something is coming from, except for whether it is closer to the right or left of you. The way the mixamp is set up is very convenient, by the push of a button I could switch to my other speakers. But the bass in the headset was pretty bad too, and yes, I messed with just about every setting there is to mess with to improve it. While I did improve it somewhat, it still sounded pretty bad. Also, while at first the headset felt very comfortable, after wearing it for about 2-3 hours, I could feel it pushing in on my head, and I actually developed a headache. Also, the mic on the Tiamat's, was just downright horrible. It sounds very puny/tinny, it is one of the worst microphones that I have ever used. So overall, I would not recommend the Tiamat 7.1's to anyone.

Now the G930 is a great headset, for the most part. The bass is great, sound quality, fit of the headset on my head, mic quality, everything, well, almost. If only it didn't have a slight rattle any time audio is playing through the headset. When I'm listening to music or watching a youtube video, I hear a rattling sound of sorts, very faint, but loud enough to annoy me. One other small annoyance is the fact that, about every hour, like Celtic said, it cycles itself, turning off and on. And lastly, the fact that you have to swap the sound settings to default to either your speakers or the headset like Celtic said. Other than those problems, the headset is great. So both headsets have their fair share of problems. But the G930's are, by far, much better than the Tiamat 7.1's. Now, me personally, I'm going to return both of the headsets and wait for the release of the Astro A50's, I had good experiences with the A40's(for the most part) so I am going back to Astro.

I do not have the cycling problem my head set never turns off unless it is out of range, you may have a reception problem.
m
0
l
January 27, 2013 9:11:41 AM

Having used the Razer Tiamat 7.1's before, I have to say, the G930's are VASTLY superior to the Tiamat's in virtually every department. I need not say more, but I feel the microphone on the Tiamat deserves a special mention. It's just horrendous. Positively horrendous. It's so incomprehensibly awful and is so out of league with the G930's that I feel as though it deserves a mention. Just my tuppence.
m
0
l
March 15, 2013 2:41:12 PM

hotelmariofan said:
If there is anyone out there who would actually like to know which headset is recommended, I went out and bought both headsets and I will put up my decision on which is better and why in about a week or two.


I have both sets and the 930 is a far superior headset all around, sound quality, rnage, mic, every single aspect. and its wireless G930 every single time imho
m
0
l

Best solution

April 4, 2013 5:16:49 PM

Logitech G930 no doubt. Razer has been corrupted by money, and now half the pricetag on their hardware is just because of their reputation as a popular gaming
company... but dont be fooled. Ive run into many problems with Razer, but Logitech has been always true to me.

Check out my personal hands-on review here!

http://www.squidoo.com/workshop/logitech-g930-wireless-...
Share
August 12, 2013 9:48:53 PM

I am after a true 7.1 headset that has all the connections like the Razer mentioned above but i don't want that shitty product as you all know. anything else out there? (NO USB crap please)
m
0
l
!