Hi, I currently game on a Desktop setup that I like a lot, but I'm about to move to attend a new college. Once i move I'm not sure if the internet where I will live will be very good lol. (I couldn't imagine hauling around a desktop )
So, I'm looking into getting a good gaming laptop that would also function for school.
1. What is your budget? -Under $1000
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? -Size is not overly important compared to price. A mid range laptop would be good.
3. What screen resolution do you want? -So long as it doesn't look fuzzy lol
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Not completely sure what this question means lol. I guess it would be a desktop replacement laptop.
5. How much battery life do you need? 2 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I play Starcraft 2 and would like the computer to be able to function on High.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) This is one big area that i would like to cut back on to save money if possible. I don't have a ton of music/photos and don't really watch movies on the computer.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? whatever comes standard, about 300gb?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? -N/A
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. -I would like to stay away from any Dells. Compact and Asus seem to have the best computers.
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Mainly just looking for a gaming computer. I don't need nice speakers (I use headphones) I don't need a Massive 20 inch screen with tons of media extras. The graphics card and mother board have to be pretty sweet though.
I would like these to be my systems min requirements.
PC Recommended Specifications:
* Windows Vista®/Windows® 7
* Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor
* 2 GB RAM
* 512 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon® HD 3870 or better
*Note: Due to potential programming changes, the Minimum System Requirements for this game may change over time.