I have an Asus K50IJ. I am currently in Brazil and 2 weeks ago my internet died whilst still in use. Went to open up Internet Explorer and have not had access since. I am not a newbie to this sort of thing, but I have exhausted all options that I know of to solve it.
1) immediately disconnected the router and modem, waited and then restarted
2) Called in ISP--- it works on their end and my inlaws computer not mine
3) Checked all the functions online of the router and made few adjustments
4) Manually set the IP addresses (IPv4 and v6)and DNS server
5) Used Windows to try to solve. COuldnt detect an issue, yet STILL no internet access
6) Checked the funtions using Device Manager-- everything running fine no problems
7) Check the Prompt command and still says Media Disconnected (although not too familiar with Prompt)
I just do not know what else to try. It could very well be something stupid I overlooked, and yet the radio is on, but Im at a loss. I just dont know what would have caused it to work fine since July and then suddenly stop one day and not be able to reboot again. I have access to the router. That it detects, but its the router to the internet that has "Limited Access".
So, does Internet Explorer actually open, i.e. I'm just making sure it isn't an issue with IE? If so, it sounds like it could be a hardware issue with the wireless chip. If you can get to another PC, try downloading the wireless card driver to a flash drive from Asus' support site and re-installing it. Give that a shot first. if that doesn't work, I suspect that it may be something a bit more severe, especially since you went through all of the basic troubleshooting issues. If you are still under warranty, give Asus support a call and see what they have to say.