2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
>= 1024 x 768
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
laptop for on-site network troubleshooting
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
html design, watch movies - have usb DVD drive
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Newegg.com , Buy.com , Amazon.com
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
No necessary time limit, business expense so probably 5 years...
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Netbook, none, but have an usb DVD-Burner
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Lenovo, Toshiba, Sony
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Well I'm down to two Netbooks to decide between (unless something else strongly recommended.) The main purpose is to have something portable for me to bring on-site to assist in troubleshooting any given network.
A secondary use will be when I'm out of town, which is rare, for email, simple games, internet, etc. No heavy gaming is needed. Possibly watch movies, have an usb DVD player
The size difference between these two is very close - 11.6" and 12.1". I'll probably slick and install XP Pro on whichever I purchase. Believe both come with 1x2GB RAM.