Making a .iso into a bootable dvd

huanwu26

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
Hi I have to overwrite a windows 7 64 bit OEM with a windows 7 64 bit professional iso I got (yes I obtain it legally). I burned it onto a disc using a just a regular burning software that came with my computer(macbook pro), but you can't do that can you? You have to use a certain program that turns it into a bootable dvd, right? Am I correct or am I just taking nonsense.

huanwu26

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012

Tried that but my computer just keeps on passing the disc with the iso and doesn't boot it. Yes, I have put my boot order to boot from the cd/dvd drive first. So I was just wondering if I need something special.

Usually it asks you to press a key to boot from DVD even if its first. You could just use the boot menu. Usually F10.

Its also possible your MAC screwed it up. Never tried on one. On windows 7 its just right click, burn to disk and it works. Didn't think Macs liked isos but its been a long time

BwwwJ1st

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2012

Did you make a data disc with the ISO file on it? When you view the disc contents in Windows Explorer or OSX Finder what file(s) and folders do you see? if you only see the ISO file on the disc, then the disc was not burned correctly. As Monkey With a Mouse suggested use imgburn.

TRENDING THREADS