Your question

New system specs need input

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 27, 2001 9:58:48 PM

So,
Soon I will be building a new system. It will be my first one that I have built from scratch. I would like some feedback on the specs and I would like opinion on what you guys think is the best 19" flatscreen.
Here's the specs:

Motherboard Asus A7V133
Processor Thunderbird 900MHz Socket A
Ram PC-133 256MB SDRAM
Sound Card SoundBlaster Live Value
Video Card Radeon 32MB DDR
Hard-drive 40gb Quantum 100/7200
DVD-ROM Pioneer 16x DVD/40x CD

I would like to spend not much more than 500 dollars for a 19" flatscreen. What is the best one? I am currently looking at the KDS, Mitsubishi, Sony or Samsung.

Thanks for your time,
-jonathan

More about : system specs input

January 27, 2001 10:26:18 PM

I love the KDS ones. I don't know how much they're running everywhere now, but onvia.com had them for around 440 last I looked. Second choice would be the samsung. Sony is, of course good, but I think you pay about 100 bucks extra for their name with no difference in quality.

ILLEGALISE BULLETS
January 28, 2001 1:20:29 PM

Pay special attention to the way you install your pci sound cards and read the manual......seems most people don't bother. Your sound blaster card needs to go into slot 3. I prefer any monitor which uses a samsumg tube. Nice choice of a hard drive where did you decide on that? Most peole are all geeked about the perforance of the ibm but the quantum actually nudges it in performance (however a bit louder). Here is a link to a page in where I uploaded a snapshot of hdd tach 2.61 using that drive....compare it to toms test of the ibm.
http://hometown.aol.com/nc0gnet0/myhomepage/index.html

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!
!