Razer Nostromo gaming combo

Xtrastor

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Hi guys, I wanted to ask your opinion about something I've been wanting to do for quite some time now, I own a Microsoft Sidewinder x6 keyboard, which is ok... but I've been wanting to buy the Logitech K750 keyboard ( http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboards/k750-keyboard ) because it feels great while typing, but I haven't tested it while playing, and I don't think its like a good keyboard for gaming, so I was thinking that maybe I could also buy a Razer Nostromo ( http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.221675100 ) and use it completely for gaming, what do you guys think about both products and could you give me some opinions to see if this is the right choice?... Or should I stick only with gaming keyboards?...

Thanks, any help will do.

PD: Games I play:
-Dota 2
-Battlefield 3
-Guild Wars 2
-Some other random games from time to time.

Solution

l3ushwacker

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012

l3ushwacker:
Hello Xtrastor, I have used the Nostromo for many years of FPS gaming. I highly recommend it. I estimate it speeds my keyboard activity while playing by at least 25%. Much fewer miskeys. The hand rest keeps my wrist from getting sore which is the reason I first tried it. The way it speeds you up is by making your keyboard actions more automatic. With your hand on a rest, your fingers will soon learn the position of all the keys. This will eliminate the need to look down at the keyboard, thus giving greater efficiency. After using it for a while you will develop a key pattern that works for you. That will make programming the N52, for a new game, quick and easy. The addition of Razor software has only improved the device. The only drawback is that if you are a very heavy gamer, as I used to be when younger, you will wear it out in a year. If you are a more average player it should last years.

For FPS I just program the keys to single keystrokes. Macros are not very useful in FPS gaming. In role play you might find good use in stringing commands in a macro for a killer fight sequence. In FPS, some anti-cheat software may detect a macro as a cheat, so I avoid it in FPS. I also suggest setting the sampling frequency to its highest setting if your computer will support that. It will make the keystrokes very quick in action. I have found little use for the wheel on the N52. Currently I set the screen shot key for STEAM to the wheel and use it to grab scenes from my game play.

Solution
IMO, there is no reason to get a gaming keyboard if you have a Nostromo n52 or G13. When gaming, I never touch my keyboard, unless typing something to someone. The rest of the time I use my G13. I've used both the Nostromo n52 and G13, and both are good and both have weaknesses. The Nostromo is more ergonomically sound, but the G13 allows for advanced Lua scripting, allowing me to do a lot more advanced programming. I also rarely used the scroll wheal, but the d-pad is a huge plus if you spend a week to learn to use it.