[V3.0.5] Why can't I enchant Cambeleg?

bill

I melee'd Gabriel and he managed to disenchant much of my equipment.
With Holy Infusions and the magic of macros I got Ulmo and all the ego
items back to 15's, but Cambeleg refuses to enchant. Not even 1 point
after hundreds of tries. ??

I looked at the code and don't see anything that suggests that artifact
armor should be more resistant to enchantment than artifact weapons.
And I believe, but I'm not positive, that I successfully enchanted some
of my artifact headwear earlier in the game.

bill

Julian Lighton wrote:

> Either you've been really unlucky, or you're trying to re-enchant the
> hit and damage bonuses, which isn't possible.
> --

D'oh. Apparently I can't tell {s from [s.

Thanks,

Bill

In article <1118608249.101288.324840@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
Bill <wpeterson1@socal.rr.com> wrote:
>I melee'd Gabriel and he managed to disenchant much of my equipment.
>With Holy Infusions and the magic of macros I got Ulmo and all the ego
>items back to 15's, but Cambeleg refuses to enchant. Not even 1 point
>after hundreds of tries. ??
>
>I looked at the code and don't see anything that suggests that artifact
>armor should be more resistant to enchantment than artifact weapons.
>And I believe, but I'm not positive, that I successfully enchanted some
>of my artifact headwear earlier in the game.

Artifact armor is no more resistant to enchantment than artifact
weapons.

Either you've been really unlucky, or you're trying to re-enchant the
hit and damage bonuses, which isn't possible.
--
Julian Lighton jl8e@fragment.com
/* You are not expected to understand this. */