Slipstreaming an OEM XP Question

Since I convinced my parents and one of my sisters to get Dell's I've
become the official on-scene tech support. {sigh}

I noticed that when my sisters drive died and I put a new one in I didn't
have to activate the new install. The 60GB drive in my parents computer is
about 80% full and I've been thinking about installing a bigger one. I'm
thinking that once sp2 has its shake out it'll be a good time to upgrade my
parents computer, both hardware and software. I'm wondering if I
slipstream sp2 will that cause me any activation headaches? Anyone know?

Thanks.

--

-Jeff B. (not in a hurry to try sp2 himself)
yeff at erols dot com

No problem at all. It acts no differently than the original OEM XP CD.
Just be sure you boot from the XP CD and install from there so you do not
have to bother with activation.

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 12:04:29 GMT, WSZsr wrote:

> No problem at all. It acts no differently than the original OEM XP CD.
> Just be sure you boot from the XP CD and install from there so you do not
> have to bother with activation.

Thanks for the info!

--

-Jeff B.