Sign in with
Your question

Can someone shed light upon me

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 28, 2012 1:24:46 AM

I made my computer when the gtx 680 came out and bought a 1050 watt psu. My case has a molex connector that i need a molex connector to plug into it for the fan controller. My psu did not come with one. I would like to know if you have to buy a seperate adapter or my psu didn't come with all of its components/cables?

More about : shed light

June 28, 2012 3:13:58 AM

It depends on what PSU you bought. And yes you can find a Sata->Molex adapter for relatively cheap.
June 28, 2012 11:31:21 AM

your 1050w psu did not come with ANY molex connectors? that sounds a bit odd. my corsair unit came with at least 10.

in any case you can get adapters to molex cheap like rev stated.
Related resources
July 8, 2012 10:06:33 PM

Rawriamjohn said:
I made my computer when the gtx 680 came out and bought a 1050 watt psu. My case has a molex connector that i need a molex connector to plug into it for the fan controller. My psu did not come with one. I would like to know if you have to buy a seperate adapter or my psu didn't come with all of its components/cables?

Just wondering, if you only have a gtx 680, why did you buy a 1050w psu? surely a 600w would of been more than adequate?
July 9, 2012 11:19:10 AM

i have a gtx470 and a 1000w psu. often the psu will outlast the build. as long as you have the right cables you can handle any future upgrades or even a complete rebuild with the same psu instead of throwing away an old one.

600w might work but it sounds a bit light if you consider maximum loads. my older i7-920, gtx470 system can draw 500w or more under full load. it is never good to max out a psu, always give yourself plently of leadway. with that said, a 650-700 would have been more than enough "for now". i suppose what you buy is dependant on what your future plans are.
!