Monitor Fades To Black At Times

okuutheyatagarasu

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Sup.

So I just bought an Asus VE247H about a month ago and it's been working like a dream, except for one problem; it fades to black (as in the display itself shuts off but the monitor itself is still on) when there are only a few things on screen. And it only happens when there are just a couple things on screen or when I'm watching video and then the video fades to black then the monitor will also fade to black completely and then come back on when there's picture again. At first it was just an annoyance, but now it's causing problems and I can't play some games because a dialogue box will pop up with a black background and then the monitor will fade to black as if nothing was there and then I can't do anything with the dialogue so now it's a problem instead of an annoyance. I'm sure there's some kind of setting that I can push to fix it, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance for help.

spud1300

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
I just got this exact monitor, and am having the exact same problem, and would even describe it exactly the same way you did. Yeah if a video or movie goes into credits, or dialogue boxes pop up the screen fades completely. I did some reading on the ASCR function and I think it tries to adjust the contrast as things are happening on the screen. I turned the setting off now, so we'll see if that changes anything.