Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Monitor Fades To Black At Times

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 28, 2012 3:32:12 AM

Sup.

So I just bought an Asus VE247H about a month ago and it's been working like a dream, except for one problem; it fades to black (as in the display itself shuts off but the monitor itself is still on) when there are only a few things on screen. And it only happens when there are just a couple things on screen or when I'm watching video and then the video fades to black then the monitor will also fade to black completely and then come back on when there's picture again. At first it was just an annoyance, but now it's causing problems and I can't play some games because a dialogue box will pop up with a black background and then the monitor will fade to black as if nothing was there and then I can't do anything with the dialogue so now it's a problem instead of an annoyance. I'm sure there's some kind of setting that I can push to fix it, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance for help.
July 31, 2012 7:16:59 PM

Did you check your manual for a power saving function? Also check your PC settings to make sure it doesn't cut it's signal to the monitor (shut off monitor in your power settings).
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b C Monitor
August 1, 2012 9:24:53 PM

This is probably due to the ASCR function. Hit Menu then scroll over to the image section, scroll down to ASCR and turn it off.
August 18, 2012 1:15:31 AM

Best answer selected by okuutheyatagarasu.
m
l
August 18, 2012 1:16:12 AM

bullwinkel said:
This is probably due to the ASCR function. Hit Menu then scroll over to the image section, scroll down to ASCR and turn it off.

Yes! That was what was wrong. Thank you kindly, sir!
m
l
December 20, 2012 4:03:57 PM

I just got this exact monitor, and am having the exact same problem, and would even describe it exactly the same way you did. Yeah if a video or movie goes into credits, or dialogue boxes pop up the screen fades completely. I did some reading on the ASCR function and I think it tries to adjust the contrast as things are happening on the screen. I turned the setting off now, so we'll see if that changes anything.
m
l
!