mania in sangband

Does this ever wear off, I did a few searches and didn't turn up anything. I
assume it does but it must be a long time, I have cleared out three levels
and it is still running.

It is a bit dicey now because I am at slightly beyond 2000 with no speed, no
poison or other higher resistances (nether, etc.), so if I go slow instant
death is kind of likely.

--
Cliff Stamp
sstamp@physics.mun.ca http://www.physics.mun.ca:80/~sstamp/

The one unforgivable sin, the offence against one's own integrity,
is to accept anything at all simply on authority -- Maureen Johnson Long

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. -- Publilius Syrus

Cliff Stamp <sstamp@physics.mun.ca> writes:

> Does this ever wear off, I did a few searches and didn't turn up anything. I
> assume it does but it must be a long time, I have cleared out three levels
> and it is still running.

The object stuff is in cmd6.c.

(void)set_mania(p_ptr->mania + rand_range(5000, 10000));

It lasts roughly as long as a flask of oil.

It may be different in different versions.

Eddie

If you're not playing Ironman I'd just recall up and chill in town
until it wears off.

"Cliff Stamp" <sstamp@physics.mun.ca> wrote in message
> Does this ever wear off, I did a few searches and didn't turn up
> anything. I
> assume it does but it must be a long time, I have cleared out three
> levels
> and it is still running.
>
> It is a bit dicey now because I am at slightly beyond 2000 with no
> speed, no
> poison or other higher resistances (nether, etc.), so if I go slow
> instant
> death is kind of likely.

Yeah, it does wear off eventually. One of the more flavourful
'shrooms ;).

--
Glen
L:pyt E+++ T-- R+ P+++ D+ G+ F:*band !RL RLA-