alchemy annoys [S]

I wanted to be able to do something with my essences in my ironman
game, so I pumped up my alchemy. To 100%. But I figured I had best
wait for the best material to maximize success. Eventually I found
parchment(ether) and successfully made ?massGenocide.

Note the following excerpt from my char dump.

[Character Inventory]

9 Pieces of Elvish Waybread
7 Potions of Healing
7 Potions of *Healing*
2 Potions of Life {agate}
10 Scrolls of *Destruction*
5 Scrolls of Genocide
7 Scrolls of Mass Genocide
a Scroll of Mass Genocide

The massGenocide scroll alchemized from ether parchment doesn't stack
with dungeon scrolls. The ones alchemized from vellum do stack. That
means you have to memorize [or at least write down] what the items are
made of if you want to alchemize things that stack. If this behavior
is correct, the descriptions should be different so that you know they
will not stack, such as "a vellum Scroll of ..." or "an ether Scroll
of ...". I wonder if those alchemized Life potions are going to stack
or not. Somehow I doubt it.

What a pain.

Eddie

peter

On 2005-06-18 03:40:36, Eddie Grove <eddiegrove@hot.NOSPAM.mail.com> wrote:

<snip>
> 2 Potions of Life {agate}

Better still, IIRC if you drink this potion, you gain one empty...glass bottle.
So, it somehow changed from agate to glass in the process of drinking.

> Eddie

Peter.

Peter <KasperskiP@acn.waw.pl> writes:

> On 2005-06-18 03:40:36, Eddie Grove <eddiegrove@hot.NOSPAM.mail.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> 2 Potions of Life {agate}
>
> Better still, IIRC if you drink this potion, you gain one empty...glass bottle.
> So, it somehow changed from agate to glass in the process of drinking.

Hmm - I just experimented and quaffed both - and I got one diamond
flask and one agate flask.

Now once again I have to restore my savefile. I lose more YAWP's to
bugtesting than to nasty monsters. :)

Eddie

"Eddie Grove" <eddiegrove@hot.NOSPAM.mail.com> wrote in message

> I wanted to be able to do something with my essences in my ironman
> game, so I pumped up my alchemy. To 100%. But I figured I had best
> wait for the best material to maximize success. Eventually I found
> parchment(ether) and successfully made ?massGenocide.
>
> Note the following excerpt from my char dump.
>
> [Character Inventory]
>
> 9 Pieces of Elvish Waybread
> 7 Potions of Healing
> 7 Potions of *Healing*
> 2 Potions of Life {agate}
> 10 Scrolls of *Destruction*
> 5 Scrolls of Genocide
> 7 Scrolls of Mass Genocide
> a Scroll of Mass Genocide
>
> The massGenocide scroll alchemized from ether parchment doesn't stack
> with dungeon scrolls. The ones alchemized from vellum do stack. That
> means you have to memorize [or at least write down] what the items are
> made of if you want to alchemize things that stack. If this behavior
> is correct, the descriptions should be different so that you know they
> will not stack, such as "a vellum Scroll of ..." or "an ether Scroll
> of ...". I wonder if those alchemized Life potions are going to stack
> or not. Somehow I doubt it.
>
> What a pain.

I would classify this as a bug...Scott? Leon?

--
Glen
L:pyt E+++ T-- R+ P+++ D+ G+ F:*band !RL RLA-

"Glen Wheeler" <gew75@uow.edu.au> writes:

>> 7 Scrolls of Mass Genocide
>> a Scroll of Mass Genocide

> I would classify this as a bug...Scott? Leon?

It's not technically a bug. If I 'I'nspect, the different scroll is
unusually durable. There was a conscious decision to make them be
different. That doesn't make it any less annoying.

Eddie

It's one of the many features that I put in to intentionally annoy
Eddie.

Just kidding.

I experimented with it last night and found what bits are different
between the scrolls that are created but I'll have to do more source
diving to find out what the root cause is and whether it's intentional.
Alchemy is not a skill that I have ever seriously used.