  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
Share
October 18, 2004 10:47:02 PM

I have the Microsoft Wired 10/100 MN-100 Ethernet router
and i was trying to update the firmware on it. I manually
downloaded the update and begin the update wizard but
when it gets to the part where it searches for the router
on my computer it says it can't find it. It gave me a
short list of possible solutions such as unplugging the
router and plugging it back in but i have done all this
and it still can not detect my router.
My specs:
Windows XP Pro with SP2.
MN-100 Wired Basestation router.
Any ideas of getting this to work? Thanks.

More about : 100

October 19, 2004 12:08:03 AM

Browse to http://192.168.2.1 & sign in. The firmware version will be at
the bottom of the page. The current firmware for the MN-100 is 1.11.017.

If you have that version then you don't need to do anything.

You might check for firewall software. (Frequently you have to disable
that to install the firmware update because it can block the connection
to the MN-100.) Enable the UPnP service as that is needed to connect ot
the MN-100. Install the "UPnP User interface" from add or remove
programs. One last thing remember that Windows XP SP2 by default
enables the Windows firewall which could be blocking this connection.

Kenny wrote:

> I have the Microsoft Wired 10/100 MN-100 Ethernet router
> and i was trying to update the firmware on it. I manually
> downloaded the update and begin the update wizard but
> when it gets to the part where it searches for the router
> on my computer it says it can't find it. It gave me a
> short list of possible solutions such as unplugging the
> router and plugging it back in but i have done all this
> and it still can not detect my router.
> My specs:
> Windows XP Pro with SP2.
> MN-100 Wired Basestation router.
> Any ideas of getting this to work? Thanks.

assistance.

time.
!