Sangband high level weapon creation

First off, let me say that this is the first post I've made to this forum.
The other stuff I've read looks like I'll be adding this forum to my daily
regiment.

I just made a mithril chaos blade, and under the Item Information: it says
It incinerates everything it touches.
How is this different from, say, fire brand?
I've tried looking through the source code, but I couldn't find anything
that even used the word incinerate except for some artifact staff.

Next question: Where should we post ideas for future Sangband development?
I'm interested in making undead creatures never sleep among other things.

Thanks in advance,
Jason

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005, Jason Mayer wrote:

> I just made a mithril chaos blade, and under the Item Information: it says
> It incinerates everything it touches.
> How is this different from, say, fire brand?

It is a more powerful version of fire brand which does more damage, it is
the BRAND_FLAME vs BRAND_FIRE, you can find info in attacks.c.

--
Cliff Stamp
sstamp@physics.mun.ca http://www.physics.mun.ca:80/~sstamp/

The one unforgivable sin, the offence against one's own integrity,
is to accept anything at all simply on authority -- Maureen Johnson Long

Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm. -- Publilius Syrus

Jason Mayer wrote:

> Next question: Where should we post ideas for future Sangband development?
> I'm interested in making undead creatures never sleep among other things.

Posting them here is good. If you didn't want to do that you could mail
them to the maintainer at lmarrick@runegold.org.

Scott