[S] Compiling SAngband

Hello,

I'm guessing that when I hear the answer to this question, I'm going to
feel very stupid. Such is the way of things, I guess. :) I'd like to
try out SAngband on my linux box, but an having trouble compiling it.
The source zip file that I downloaded does not have any configure
scripts of makefiles. Is there a separate download that I've failed to
find somewhere? I'll continue to hunt, but I thought someone in the
know might be able to tell me before I get too frustrated with it. :)

Thanks in advance.

--
Wil Hunt
Geek in training.

Wil Hunt wrote:

<snip>

> The source zip file that I downloaded does not have any configure
> scripts of makefiles. Is there a separate download that I've failed to

<snip>

Wil, inside the src directory, there is a system direction in which
those files are located. Well, there are the main-XXX and Makefiles
anyway. Sangband doesn't have any configure scripts that I'm aware of.

Oh wait.. I wrote that question... right. No need to talk to myself in
the third person, I suppose. :p

In any case, I found the relevant files (in src/system). I must say,
however, that I don't really agree with the moving of the "system" files
to a separate direction and asking the person doing the compiling to
copy the relevant files to the parent, src, directory. A more logical
solution, IMHO, would be to move the other files into subdirectories and
modify the Makefiles accordingly. This might also help to modularize
the code to help separate combat code from spell code from display code,
for example.

Well enough of my "rant." I'll go play with the game now and stop
worrying about the compiling issues. :) (Well, until I decide that we
need a Gentoo ebuild for Portage, anyway.)