v306 installer deleted my v305 saved char!?

Is this ok? I just downloaded the windows installer, installed in the same
directory as my v305, and then, the save file was gone!

and no; I didn't make a backup.. it wasn't necessary with the previous zip
files...

What does the installer does? remove the complete directory as the first step,
instead of overwritting files?

Damn! I have found the red ring on my last trip (fire immunity; can't recall the
name; Nenya?)

Leo

--
A(3.0.5) C "Weichafe I" hER L:50 DL:72 A+ R++ Sp w:Calris/Bard
AW H- D- c f- PV+ s++ TT? d P++ M+

    I tried to reproduce your results and the installer did not delete my
    old save file. Do you have a number of Angband directories? If so,
    maybe you're looking at the wrong one.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    Thanks Bill,

    My mistake... I have a dual-boot machine (xp and 2k3), and angband305 was under
    c:\program files, being C the XP partition. I was using 2k3 all day, and so,
    angaband306 got installed under e:\program files, where E is the 2k3
    partition...

    I think I will save a backup just in case... and I just updated the ladder, just
    in case.

    Regards,

    Leo

    On 2005-06-21 20:48:52, "Bill" <wpeterson1@socal.rr.com> wrote:

    > I tried to reproduce your results and the installer did not delete my
    > old save file. Do you have a number of Angband directories? If so,
    > maybe you're looking at the wrong one.

    --
    A(3.0.5) C "Weichafe I" hER L:50 DL:72 A+ R++ Sp w:Calris/Bard
    AW H- D- c f- PV+ s++ TT? d P++ M+
    C-- S- I- So- B-- ac !GHB SQ? !RQ V?

Installer Windows Installer Video Games