v306 installer deleted my v305 saved char!?

Is this ok? I just downloaded the windows installer, installed in the same
directory as my v305, and then, the save file was gone!

and no; I didn't make a backup.. it wasn't necessary with the previous zip
files...

What does the installer does? remove the complete directory as the first step,
instead of overwritting files?

Damn! I have found the red ring on my last trip (fire immunity; can't recall the
name; Nenya?)

Leo

--
A(3.0.5) C "Weichafe I" hER L:50 DL:72 A+ R++ Sp w:Calris/Bard
AW H- D- c f- PV+ s++ TT? d P++ M+

bill

I tried to reproduce your results and the installer did not delete my
old save file. Do you have a number of Angband directories? If so,
maybe you're looking at the wrong one.

Thanks Bill,

My mistake... I have a dual-boot machine (xp and 2k3), and angband305 was under
c:\program files, being C the XP partition. I was using 2k3 all day, and so,
angaband306 got installed under e:\program files, where E is the 2k3
partition...

I think I will save a backup just in case... and I just updated the ladder, just
in case.

Regards,

Leo